Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   how to enable your highs and fogs and lows at the same time (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/how-to-enable-your-highs-and-fogs-and-lows-at-the-same-time-4147.html)

White WK Swagga 11-19-2009 12:14 PM

how to enable your highs and fogs and lows at the same time

Sorry to go off topic but how the f*ck do you have the High's, Lows, and fogs on at the same time in your sig?

LipschitzWrath 11-19-2009 12:38 PM

Re: Various Car Audio Items

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 102378)
Sorry to go off topic but how the f*ck do you have the High's, Lows, and fogs on at the same time in your sig?

You go to the dealer and have them plug their fancy starscan tool in, then change the fog light ouput setting in the FCM to "export". Then you can have all 3 on at the same time. And let me tell you, it is bright!

B.P.O.D 11-19-2009 12:46 PM

i tried that and they said it's illegal and they won't be responsible for failing inspection. you have to know someone at the dealership REALLY REALLY well to get this done.

LipschitzWrath 11-19-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 102423)
i tried that and they said it's illegal and they won't be responsible for failing inspection. you have to know someone at the dealership REALLY REALLY well to get this done.

No, apparently YOU need to know someone really well to get this done. I live in Wyoming. First, we don't have inspections. Second, we don't competent dealership workers either. I fed them some line about what the setting they were changing was and they totally bought it.

If one were so inclined, you could do a "hard" bypass using wiring, with a switch. I did this in my old '98 grand cherokee and am fixing to do it again on my new 5.9 Limited I bought. I found the offending circuit and wired a relay in hooked to a switch (which I hid). When the switch was on, the fog lights operated independently of the high-beams, meaning they could stay on. But if the switch was off, it effectively diasabled the bypass I did and the system performed like stock. The relay was fed from the parking lights so the fog lights would still shut off when you turned the lights off (so you didn't have to flip the switch everytime you shut the jeep off).

But, yes, in general, it is illegal to have your fogs on with your highs, even in Wyoming. However, when my highs and lows are on at the same time, a common person doesn't know that they are high beams. Basically, what I am saying is it's only illegal if you get caught!

Thanks for the hijack BTW guys! Make it up to me by buying something! :)

blackpepper 11-19-2009 01:58 PM

Re: how to enable your highs and fogs and lows at the same time

Hahahahaha how about a Rolex?

BJB 11-19-2009 02:00 PM

This is a re-post. But here is the proper starSCAN sequence.
starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish.

blackpepper 11-19-2009 02:02 PM

copy>print... off to the dealer!

(since I have the diablo and they are using the starscan, I should probably revert the tune to stock.. hope this isn't ot, I thought it would be valid.)

BJB 11-19-2009 02:05 PM

^^ You shouldn't have to take the tune out. They won't be accessing the PCM with the starscan.

blackpepper 11-19-2009 02:06 PM

Thank you much.

B.P.O.D 11-19-2009 02:08 PM

i know we've discussed this before but if anyone in NJ knows a dealer willing to do this please let me know. i went to 3 and got shot down at all 3...

BJB 11-19-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 102454)
i know we've discussed this before but if anyone in NJ knows a dealer willing to do this please let me know. i went to 3 and got shot down at all 3...

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

White WK Swagga 11-19-2009 02:22 PM

You see that! You drive a white jeep and threads get created under your user name automatically. LOL But I'll see if my dealer will do it when I go in for an oil change this month. I'll leave a note and tip in the jeep for the tech to call me. LOL