Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How strong is the demand for JGC's you ask? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-strong-is-the-demand-for-jgcs-you-ask-41485.html)

ColinIllinois 04-30-2012 06:01 PM

How strong is the demand for JGC's you ask?

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...p-production/1

SMG1 04-30-2012 07:28 PM

Re: How strong is the demand for JGC's you ask?

That's great news for Jeep. Chrysler just has to be careful not to repeat their past mistakes and start over-producing. Most people on this board are getting great price and finance deals on their trucks, and it's almost to the point that you really don't need to order one since the bigger dealers seem to have multiples of every color/trim/engine combo you could possibly want. Success is great, but you don't want to see it get to the point that Jeep has to offer incentives to move the trucks (thereby decreasing all of our resale values in the process).

mr_bots 04-30-2012 07:53 PM

Good news, ChryCo really did a good job on them. It'd probably be hard for them to over produce though since the Durango that is also produced there is in high demand and Kubang production should be starting soon.

nathantw 05-01-2012 02:15 PM

Demand for the JGC is pretty high. I was talking with my Jeep repair guy, independant shop, (someone took a bat or skateboard to my driver side mirror so I had to see him) and he said that right after he got his 2012 Jeep that he had two customers come in wanting a Grand Cherokee and now both of them are on long waiting lists.

BManz 05-01-2012 03:23 PM

If people buy off the lot when timing is right with end of year or quarter or monthly sales goal promotions in mind, deals can be had. My marketing sense is that there will be decent resale on these in the SUV market compared to Grands past because they engineered them very well and didn't skimp on the interiors -- thanks to Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne demanding a better interior before the WK2 platform was approved for production. Even the teenage crowd gives a thumbs up to the new Grand, a good sign for future vehicle demand in the used market, IMHO.

BobsWK2 05-01-2012 07:32 PM

Resale value will take a good hit since alot of WK2's are in rental fleets. That's never a good sign.

KILOFINAL 05-01-2012 08:53 PM

future resale value? Have you guys seen how many 2011 GC are on the used car market??.....lots. My next vehicle will be a GC but I think its crazy to think that the vehicle you are buying is somehow as investment.

You can have your pick at many used 2011's at thousands off of original sticker price.

padgett 05-01-2012 09:03 PM

Dunno, looked at KBB.com a few days ago and according to it, my Laredo is worth more than I paid for it. Of course doubt that will be true a decade or two down the road when I sell it.

BManz 05-02-2012 08:51 AM

Every vehicle loses near 25-30% in the first year. My Audi did. My Harley did. My GM trucks did. My Corvette did. ete. etc. Let's take a look at the Grands selling price 5 years down the road and I bet it will still command a better price percentage-wise compared to Grands of the past. Of course a vehicle isn't an investment, except maybe a Wrangler if you're in Chicago. Many dealers around Chicago price used Wranglers higher than brand new ones -- on the same lot -- and then have ads saying "$400 below the KBB price, hurry!" The NADA book is the one to look at.

the1jake 05-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILOFINAL (Post 622753)
future resale value? Have you guys seen how many 2011 GC are on the used car market??.....lots. My next vehicle will be a GC but I think its crazy to think that the vehicle you are buying is somehow as investment.

You can have your pick at many used 2011's at thousands off of original sticker price.

Have you seen how many JK Wranglers are on the road today? My wife's 2007 just garnered 18K on a trade-in. (price new: 24.5K)

Point is that the JGC is a VERY popular vehicle with high demand. The resale will remain strong, especially for those who want vehicles with a higher trim package.