Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Service Tire Press. System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/service-tire-press-system-4149.html)

06HemiLtd 11-19-2009 03:10 PM

Service Tire Press. System
 
"Service Tire Press. System" I got this message on the EVIC today. I've had my Jeep for 4 years and have never seen this. It's not the low pressure indicator. The manual says there may be a fault in the system and it should go to an authorized dealer for repair. Anybody else have experience with this message. Do you think simply disconnecting/reconnecting the battery would solve the problem.

heather313 11-19-2009 03:19 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 06HemiLtd (Post 102485)
"Service Tire Press. System" I got this message on the EVIC today. I've had my Jeep for 4 years and have never seen this. It's not the low pressure indicator. The manual says there may be a fault in the system and it should go to an authorized dealer for repair. Anybody else have experience with this message. Do you think simply disconnecting/reconnecting the battery would solve the problem.


Bad Sensor :)

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-19-2009 04:02 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
^^^ completely agree mine had the same thing ... changed out 2 sensors and no more message :)

06HemiLtd 11-19-2009 04:46 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
they are all showing the proper pressure. how do you know which is the bad sensor.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-20-2009 01:02 AM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
if you take it to any firestone or tire center they have tools there that tell which sensor is the bad one ... mine did the same thing also ...

1) ask them to reset the tpms system ...

2) if problem still persists ask them to locate the bad sensor with their device (my friend works at firestone and he helped me find it with his sensor thing sorry don't know the name of it)

3) If sensors show all good and you reseted and problem still persists ... that's out of my expertise but I will ask him for you tomorrow. PM me if problem still persists.

eddiefig 11-20-2009 01:28 AM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
I had a guy tell me that the battery life in the sensors is about 4-5 years. Could be that.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-20-2009 01:31 AM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
^^^ that's exactly what happened to one of mine and the other one my friend said the other one was just dead as in not working anymore ...

eddiefig 11-20-2009 01:44 AM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
Better off replacing all 4 if you have the money. Start fresh.

Joe in PA 11-20-2009 06:58 AM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiefig (Post 102764)
I had a guy tell me that the battery life in the sensors is about 4-5 years. Could be that.

The factory service manual states that the battery life is up to 10yrs, so yeah about half that is probably closer to reality. :D

The batteries can not be replaced. :rolleyes:

eddiefig 11-20-2009 01:53 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe in PA (Post 102788)
The factory service manual states that the battery life is up to 10yrs, so yeah about half that is probably closer to reality. :D

The batteries can not be replaced. :rolleyes:

Nope they can't. Have to replace the whole sensor. J4J has them for about $50 a pop but I've heard ebay has them for half that.

06HemiLtd 11-20-2009 02:20 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
How do you know which is the bad sensor. The EVIC is displaying the correct pressure for all 4 tires. Is it possible it's the spare that's the problem. I've been out of warranty for almost a year. Just trying to save myself some dough. If I know which one it is, I can buy one and have any tire shop put it in.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-20-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Service Tire Press. System
 
there is a device which can tell which frequency is out ... you might want to google it or check ebay for it ...

did you get a quote from firestone it shouldn't be that expensive at all to check which one is bad ...

or just go the easy route replace all of them :) you can find cheap buys for all of them on ebay ... that's what ended up doing ... plus will save you the hassle of having to check which one it is ...

The evic will display the correct pressure the warning is for the batteries dying down ...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community