Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Is this dealer BS (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/is-this-dealer-bs-41623.html)

Greenlight 05-03-2012 08:45 AM

Is this dealer BS

My wife took her 2012 5.7 limited to the dealer, for it's first oil change. The Jeep has 1900 miles but was delivered to us on Nov. 17th. So according to the maintenance schedule oil should be changed every six months regardless of miles. The service adviser told her that there's break-in oil in the engine that doesn't come active after 2500 miles or so" And he didn't want to do it. I call that BS,

2. They did not top off any fluids. When I went back and questioned the advisor he said that Chrysler no longer recommends topping off fluids. HUH!?!?!? Wait, a new auto uses more fluids but they don't recommend topping them off? I call this BS.

What do you guys think?

Is it time for a new dealer?

Escape 05-03-2012 09:37 AM

Re: Is this dealer BS

Change the oil and top off the fluids. They are full of BS!

Go to a trusted independent shop or DIY. Stay away from the Stealership if at all possible!

Greenlight 05-03-2012 09:47 AM

They did change the oil I think, But the part about Chrysler not recommending top offs, is the biggest load of____ I've ever heard.

moosehead 05-03-2012 10:20 AM

Nor is there a so called "break in" oil from Chryco, though perhaps good practice to do first oil change early to rid the crankcase of any shavings from initial break in of new power plant.

+2 find a new service dept

Yadkin 05-03-2012 10:28 AM

The service adviser seems to be a complete idiot or a liar. Find another dealer.

ErikRP 05-03-2012 11:58 AM

Probably unfair on my part, but reading just the subject line alone my thought was "Yes!". Not to say there aren't some good dealership service centers out there, but in my experience they are few and far between. Finding a good one is like finding a four-leaf clover.

Yadkin 05-03-2012 12:06 PM

The last time I got my (free) oil change at North Point in Winston-Salem, I was listening to the service adviser in conversations with three other customers. He was giving them straight-up advice.

12Jeep 05-03-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenlight (Post 623676)
My wife took her 2012 5.7 limited to the dealer, for it's first oil change. The Jeep has 1900 miles but was delivered to us on Nov. 17th. So according to the maintenance schedule oil should be changed every six months regardless of miles. The service adviser told her that there's break-in oil in the engine that doesn't come active after 2500 miles or so" And he didn't want to do it. I call that BS,

2. They did not top off any fluids. When I went back and questioned the advisor he said that Chrysler no longer recommends topping off fluids. HUH!?!?!? Wait, a new auto uses more fluids but they don't recommend topping them off? I call this BS.

What do you guys think?

Is it time for a new dealer?

I vote for BS on both points. I would discuss with the service manager before changing dealers.

Knightrider03m 05-03-2012 02:50 PM

There is no such thing as break in oil anymore. It even states that in the owners manual :lol:

Greenlight 05-03-2012 02:55 PM

Thanks for your replies, I have bought five Jeeps from this dealer so they know me and have serviced all my previous Jeeps. I believe that they didn't do the work that I asked for and are now looking for an excuse because the didn't do the work. Why wouldn't you top off fluids? And when would you top or refill the fluids? Will Chrysler honor their warranty if it's discovered that you have no fluid in the reservoir? lol

SW03ES 05-03-2012 11:16 PM

So Chrysler says the fluid levels should be left low? Doesn't make a lot of sense LOL

Greenlight 05-03-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 624171)
So Chrysler says the fluid levels should be left low? Doesn't make a lot of sense LOL

Agreed, I think I was handed a crock, and I'm going back to the dealer today to get the clarification and ask where I can read this pronouncement from Chrysler that they don't recommend top offs.