Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Wading depth (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wading-depth-4167.html)

nav18tor 11-20-2009 12:42 PM

Wading depth
 
OK so the North of the UK is suffering from some severe flooding

With the current model Grand Cherokee, what is the safe wading depth of water

Not interested in what Jeep say, what the real life experience in water:rolleyes:

RedRocker 11-20-2009 01:27 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Just above the front bumper to be safe. The bottom of the air intake is actually a couple inches above the top of the bumper, that's what you have to worry about.

http://www.travelerz.net/Public/ConeyFlats/TomConey.jpg

nav18tor 11-20-2009 01:44 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Nice image:thumbsup:

Good advice, thanks:kewl:

White WK Swagga 11-20-2009 04:09 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 102936)
Just above the front bumper to be safe. The bottom of the air intake is actually a couple inches above the top of the bumper, that's what you have to worry about.

http://www.travelerz.net/Public/ConeyFlats/TomConey.jpg

This is JOTM material!!!

5.7Unlimited 11-20-2009 04:13 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Thats a great picture, how did you know the water wasnt really going to be like 10 feet deep with soft mud on the bottom? :P that is the kind of thing that would happened to me lol

RedRocker 11-20-2009 04:46 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7Unlimited (Post 103008)
Thats a great picture, how did you know the water wasnt really going to be like 10 feet deep with soft mud on the bottom? :P that is the kind of thing that would happened to me lol

Thanks. That's a known trail, I had seen other vehicles go through and I let my Jeeping buddy on 35's go first!

I had to go through there 5 times - my Jeeping buddy was using my semi-auto camera to shoot the pic, and he wasn't familiar with it.

DAVY27 11-20-2009 05:40 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
:eek: if i remember correctly it didnt end so well for him?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-20-2009 06:02 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
that is an amazing photo!!!

NOT JOTM it is JOTY (Jeep of the Year) or even JOTC (Century) hahaha :)

but definitely JOTY!

madmtnbiker@gmail.com 11-22-2009 02:33 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
nav18tor,

hope you're not suffering any losses through the flooding - have a friend whose family are in the Cumbrian town hit really bad - they're ok and helping others out - hopefully you can put the WK to some good use?! :)

nav18tor 11-22-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmtnbiker@gmail.com (Post 103786)
nav18tor,

hope you're not suffering any losses through the flooding - have a friend whose family are in the Cumbrian town hit really bad - they're ok and helping others out - hopefully you can put the WK to some good use?! :)

I am a long way from Cumbria, but thanks for the concern. I am less than an hour from London, my home is near to the East Coast port of Harwich

Given the chance, I will put the Jeep to the use intended (after 2pm tomorrow when I collect it from Swindon!)

B.P.O.D 11-23-2009 01:07 PM

Re: Wading depth
 
WOWOWOW that is the most amazing wk pic i have ever seen!!!

DrkSpawn 11-24-2009 02:11 AM

Re: Wading depth
 
^^^ x2!!!:eek::eek::thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community