Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Uconnect and road/wind noise heard by other caller (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/uconnect-and-road-wind-noise-heard-by-other-caller-41676.html)

tnjeep 05-04-2012 02:29 PM

Uconnect and road/wind noise heard by other caller

I really like my Uconnect (when I can get my phone to connect which is a different problem) but most of the time the other person I am talking to complain about alot of noise when I am at highway speeds and trouble hearing me. Is this common for most people?

77Cherokee 05-05-2012 06:31 PM

Re: Uconnect and road/wind noise heard by other caller

The microphone will pick up any ambient noise so make sure your windows and roof are closed and the A/C fan is not running at high speed. I haven't had any complaints from callers or anyone I have called.

Yadkin 05-05-2012 07:16 PM

When I've asked folks answered that it was like I was on a regular phone. But I drive with the windows up when I'm on the phone.

tnjeep 05-05-2012 07:49 PM

My windows are up, sun roof closed, and AC has been off up till lately but people still complain about the noise. Used a jawbone up till I got the jeep and the calls sounded fine with it. I'm not sure what could be done about it by the dealership unless they tried replacing the microphone/rearview mirror.

Eric67 05-06-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 625179)
When I've asked folks answered that it was like I was on a regular phone. But I drive with the windows up when I'm on the phone.

+1.

xsdbs 05-16-2012 08:43 AM

This an issue with the mics in the mirror design. (not that the mic is defective). The placement of the mic is on top of the mirror and somewhat away from you. Because of this, you need to speak a little more projected than you would if the phone was at your head. This also why there wasn't complaints with the Jawbone ear piece.
Kind of like when people are on speaker phone, you hear a lot of other sounds and the person doesn't sound so great. You would probably get similar results if you strapped your phone to the mirror and placed a call.
In the Wrangler, Jeep has gone to the mic in the headliner area, near the driver sun visor. The complaints have gone down drastically about bad sounding calls. They need to consider going this way with all the vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnjeep (Post 625192)
My windows are up, sun roof closed, and AC has been off up till lately but people still complain about the noise. Used a jawbone up till I got the jeep and the calls sounded fine with it. I'm not sure what could be done about it by the dealership unless they tried replacing the microphone/rearview mirror.