Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Technical Tips/DIY/How-To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/)
-   -   HID setup... Confused. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/hid-setup-confused-41706.html)

LE30vm 05-05-2012 02:14 AM

HID setup... Confused.

HID setup... Confused. I am getting ready to order my HIDs, I am severely confused, I am wiring HIDs into Highs, Fogs and Low beams, My high beams are on when I am off the beaten path since my dad lives in the sticks, Do I need 3 relays? Thanks in advanced.

Madanio24 05-05-2012 04:30 AM

Re: HID setup... Confused.

I would not recommend putting hid's in your high beams they take too long to warm up about 20 seconds. But if you must you would need 3 relays to power the 3 pairs of ballasts. I have fogs and lows with 2 relays and never had any problems... They are great for seeing at night. The relay plugs into the 2 ballasts, existing headlight plug, battery and frame.

DAVY27 05-05-2012 09:56 AM

yep you will need 3 relays

justin-overland 05-14-2012 09:52 PM

humm i installed hids in my fog lights without relays and have had no problems. then i in stalled them in my low beam and they flicker and pop once i turn them off. is that what the relay fixs???

DAVY27 05-14-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin-overland (Post 629594)
humm i installed hids in my fog lights without relays and have had no problems. then i in stalled them in my low beam and they flicker and pop once i turn them off. is that what the relay fixs???

yep, relay will fix the prob.

It's a hit or miss with the fogs on the WK. Im running my HID fogs w/o a relay

DJCompaq 05-16-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin-overland (Post 629594)

I had this problem too. you need a Anti flicker module, Im pretty sure thats the name of it. but yeah, you're going to need a relay and the anti flicker module. i hope this helps

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-16-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCompaq (Post 630719)
I had this problem too. you need a Anti flicker module, Im pretty sure thats the name of it. but yeah, you're going to need a relay and the anti flicker module. i hope this helps

you dont need any anti flicker module...... just hid kit and relays

swing4terps 05-16-2012 09:25 PM

I would recommend 3 pairs of relays (as opposed to the dual side single relays) if you end up doing the highs

Madanio24 05-20-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 630731)
you dont need any anti flicker module...... just hid kit and relays

X2 the relay gets rid of the flickering which is caused by the HID ballasts not getting enough power from your factory wiring.

justin-overland 05-29-2012 11:20 AM

thanks everyone for the help.