Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   "Push to Start" message while parked overnight (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/push-to-start-message-while-parked-overnight-41727.html)

sdlimited 05-05-2012 12:42 PM

"Push to Start" message while parked overnight

Hey team.. So my jeep has been parked in my garage since Friday at about 5pm. Today on Saturday at 1030am I walk by and notice the "Push to Start" message on the EVIC through the driver window.

Both keys are put away inside the house and all the doors had been closed since friday. The car was not locked but it was in park and sat over night. Im clueless as to why this message would randomly appear. Any help?

CT

Eric67 05-05-2012 01:07 PM

Re: "Push to Start" message while parked overnight

I think, because the car was not locked, the message was STILL there from the moment you left the car. If you stop the engine I think this message appears standard.

sdlimited 05-05-2012 01:54 PM

That could be it Eric67. My only thought is sometimes I don't lock the car after I park in the garage and i never saw the message prior to this. Maybe I just never noticed?

Not a big deal i just don't want battery drain or some computer issue.. Thanks for the response.

plynn7 05-05-2012 02:37 PM

I park my car im my garage also, and never lock the doors. I have never seen that message, unless I touch the door handle first. Maybe you brushed the door handle and did not know it.

enjens 05-05-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plynn7 (Post 625040)
I park my car im my garage also, and never lock the doors. I have never seen that message, unless I touch the door handle first. Maybe you brushed the door handle and did not know it.

Could you have pressed the start button unintentionally after you stopped the motor? this will turn on some circuits such as radio and electric windows.

RageOfFury 05-05-2012 03:08 PM

I've had this happen once last summer. Was heading to bed when I noticed a glow coming from the inside of my Jeep, went to investigate and had the Push to start message displayed on the EVIC. I grabbed the fob and locked the doors. The message then went away. Never noticed this message again.

2012 Summit 05-05-2012 04:49 PM

I just touched the rear of the door handle and the message displayed. The key FOB was nowhere nearby. Ten seconds later the message went off.

John47 05-05-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012 Summit (Post 625104)
I just touched the rear of the door handle and the message displayed. The key FOB was nowhere nearby. Ten seconds later the message went off.

Exactly the same with ours....it is not locked while parked in the garage, but the key fob is kept away in the study and in a drawer.
If the door handle is even lightly touched while the Jeep sits there and without the fob around the message will come up and go out again in around 10 seconds.
If you get in and try to start it will come up "key not detected".

GTREVINOWK2 05-05-2012 08:43 PM

Same thing with my wk2!!! If i lock the doors the message goes away...

Jdsmitty10 05-06-2012 08:15 AM

My jeep Is in the garage with key fob in the cup holder and no message is displayed..Had I actually open my door for it to display