Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/)
-   -   Paint codes different? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f136/paint-codes-different-41728.html)

Relwarc 05-05-2012 12:55 PM

Paint codes different?

So today I parked next to a 2010 limited jeep. It was also modern blue. Mine was so much darker blue, it made the limited look like it was steel blue. It's odd because when I got my hood painted the first time, it looked like this limited! The painter had to customize the paint to match mine.

Anyone else notice a difference between the colors? The painter suggested that it was because it was an SRT that it's possible it came from a different batch or gun or even facility.

What's up with that? I any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Scottina06 05-05-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Paint codes different?

nope...all WK's were built at JNAP, at the same time. Ive seen pics of SRT's, laredos, limiteds and overlands on the line at the same time. Theer will be slight paint differences though. One vehicle couldve been garaged and one in the sun and weather its whole life. Those sort of things make a difference.

Relwarc 05-05-2012 03:45 PM

Scott I was thinking that too. You have to see the difference tho. It's not small, it's fundamental. Mine almost looks royal blue compared.

So much so that the painter admitted to looking all over the door jams and engine bay for paint lines. He said he was almost positive mine had been repainted.

Scottina06 05-05-2012 06:13 PM

hmmmm....maybe it was. Modern blue should be modern blue.....LOL. Maybe the previous owner wanted it darker blue?

robpp 05-05-2012 06:30 PM

There are xx different inferno red over the years. Same with mineral grey.
Daniel once told me there were like 10 different ones. IDK.

Maybe the code changed over model years.

Relwarc 05-05-2012 07:11 PM

Hmm... He did mention there are different codes... I didn't follow. So the colors may vary huh.... That's un settling.
It's OK, I like my blue better.

robpp 05-05-2012 07:29 PM

Should be easily checked....

Relwarc 05-05-2012 07:32 PM

It'll definitely be a good thing to know when I go to paint parts!

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-05-2012 09:29 PM

you just take better care of yours! i see other midnight blue jeeps all the time and mine always looks totally different as well

Relwarc 05-06-2012 11:39 AM

I'd love to think that, Matt.... I do clean it every week and keep up with the wax. But (regrettably) she does live outside... let's go with that... she's just better taken care of.

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-06-2012 06:48 PM

Im lazy and clean mine monthly. It is a totally different color after i am done working on it