Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Question for stone white owners (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/question-for-stone-white-owners-41746.html)

Jdsmitty10 05-05-2012 08:37 PM

Question for stone white owners

My stone white does NOT hide the dirt NEAR as well as my super white Tacoma. Anyone else think it looks REAL DIRTY after just a rain storm or something? I buy white cause it hides the dirt/dust well. But DAMN my stone white jeep looks like ace anytime it's dirty.. My Tacoma sits there looking good when dirty.. Is it the body style or what? I have mudflaps on both...

eibyer 05-06-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Question for stone white owners

It does look like it gets dirty faster. I don't have mud flaps (yet) and I have dark spray stuff on the front door sides and some on the rear fenders. It hasn't even rained here yet LOL, this is just road crap.

Maybe it's the quantity of white, I don't know. My trooper had two tone colors, silver/gray on the bottom area.

mzimand 05-06-2012 02:19 PM

I love my stone white Loredo and have not noticed what you refer to, but I'm coming from a black sports car so the white to me stay super clean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wxchaser 05-06-2012 04:23 PM

I've owned several white vehicles - and my '12 Stone White Overland does show dirt more readily. We've had a lot of spring showers and thunderstorms already - and even with mud flaps I get dirt showing up a lot.

I just keep it washed and waxed so the dirt floats off pretty well. It does look great clean.

Angler 05-06-2012 04:40 PM

No, I don't notice it getting dirty faster than any previous white (including Stone White) vehicles (6 of them) I have owned or currently own. That said, I have always washed my vehicles very frequently.

jgc4ever 05-06-2012 05:37 PM

I saw a new WK2 Stone White covered in dirt and it looked terrible. Keep your WK2s clean, especially white!

Jdsmitty10 05-06-2012 08:20 PM

Ya I keep my cars clean. Too clean haha. But my jeep looks terrible after one rain storm(i am obsessed when it comes to clean vehicles) It's freshly waxed too. My white truck can sit out of the garage go thru rain storms(lots of them) and still look clean. Made my wife take the Tacoma today just so the jeep(which I cleaned lastnight) wouldn't look like crap if it rained on her today. Hahah. The truck came back clean(didn't rain). I have a sickness haha

JVBW0527 05-07-2012 10:52 AM

I find that the back is the worst on mine. Just a little bit of rain and the back will look like crap immediately! even without using the rear wiper. I don't know why

eibyer 05-07-2012 11:14 AM

Did you guys buy your mud guards locally or online?

BobsWK2 05-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVBW0527 (Post 625977)
I find that the back is the worst on mine. Just a little bit of rain and the back will look like crap immediately! even without using the rear wiper. I don't know why

All suv's, cuv's, crossover's, anything with a station wagon back on it does it. Even minivans do it. Just has to do with the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

Jdsmitty10 05-07-2012 05:21 PM

Bought my oem flaps on ebay. 68 shipped if I remember correctly(might be wrong)

JRNYC 05-08-2012 01:37 PM

I thought the thread was for Stoned White Owners lol