Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Lowering the mesh net in sunroof (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/lowering-the-mesh-net-in-sunroof-41788.html)

gaidin43 05-06-2012 06:52 PM

Lowering the mesh net in sunroof

So I'm trying to figure out a way to lower and keep the mesh net in the sunroof down when the window is open. I like having air come in and vent out the car more then having it fly over the top and just vent the air put like it does now.

Is there a way to keep the mesh netting down short of holding it with your hand or taping it?

armoredsaint 05-06-2012 07:01 PM

Re: Lowering the mesh net in sunroof

you love the buffeting?

gaidin43 05-06-2012 07:08 PM

It actually wasn't buffering. I know the vibration noise you are talking about it was just venting the vehicle and getting a nice breeze from it without a lot of noise like you get from the side windows.

Lingohocken 05-06-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaidin43 (Post 625685)
So I'm trying to figure out a way to lower and keep the mesh net in the sunroof down when the window is open. I like having air come in and vent out the car more then having it fly over the top and just vent the air put like it does now.

Is there a way to keep the mesh netting down short of holding it with your hand or taping it?

That would keep bugs from getting stuck in the mesh, as they do now. Of course, they might get into the cabin instead. I keep forgetting to vacuum the damn things out, and wonder whether someday their little corpses are going to mess up the sunroof's operation. :D

Brewster 05-06-2012 07:42 PM

I've had a sunroof with every vehicle I've owned, this is the one with a part that pops up. I hate this thing! I would take mine off if I knew it wouldn't cause issues.

Jdsmitty10 05-06-2012 08:14 PM

I dot like that thing either. Makes alot of noise I think. My rsx has nothing like that and I can hardly tell the sunroof is open in that. In the jeep I hear the wind hitting the mesh..

JeepMonster 05-06-2012 08:18 PM

Maybe I'm the only one who likes it. From the outside I think it looks neat on top of the vehicle when it's up.

gaidin43 05-06-2012 08:40 PM

So any ideas how to keep it lowered without actually removing it or taping it down?

dobiegillis 05-06-2012 09:30 PM

I don't like it either. All my other cars had something that popped up, but those didn't look like a freaking fishing net.

amill 05-07-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobiegillis (Post 625764)
I don't like it either. All my other cars had something that popped up, but those didn't look like a freaking fishing net.

I hate the net. All my other cars had a rubber or plastic strip that would lift up. The net creates such a loud wind noise, that I rarely use the sunroof in the full open position.

Yeti 05-07-2012 01:06 PM

Is this on the big sunroof, the little one, or both?

amill 05-07-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 626024)
Is this on the big sunroof, the little one, or both?

I have the panoramic sunroof. I don't what kind of deflector the base has.