Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Flashtech (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/flashtech-41892.html)

WK06jeeper 05-08-2012 10:49 PM

Flashtech

Hello

I had a question about the flashtech halos. On my recently purchased WK, the previous owner did not have them hooked up. I ran them to my parking lights, and find out that they all do not light up. Some do not light up while some flicker on and off, which is most disapointing. Is there possibly a loose connection? or just bad bulbs and purchase a whole new flashtech set up?

Thanks

robpp 05-09-2012 12:34 PM

You could contact them and see if they have replacements. Last I asked they only had white 6k.

They are made in groups of three. So in the middle of the ring you have groups of 3 out?

Most likely a crappy install.

Also the early ones had strict voltage requirements depending on color.

So what color are they. What exactly is out?

Antonio186 05-09-2012 12:54 PM

Re: Flashtech

from other people in know they should have a lifetime warranty on them i dont know if this is restricted to the original purchaser. dont volunteer any info off the bat. if they ask then tell them you are not the original purchaser. they should replace them free of charge, you just have to take them out.

robpp 05-09-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio186 (Post 627063)
from other people in know they should have a lifetime warranty on them i dont know if this is restricted to the original purchaser. dont volunteer any info off the bat. if they ask then tell them you are not the original purchaser. they should replace them free of charge, you just have to take them out.

fwd to steve at flashtech.......ahole/

he KNOWS NOW

Antonio186 05-09-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 627100)
fwd to steve at flashtech.......ahole/

he KNOWS NOW

im confused at this reply? who are you calling an A hole? steve at flashtech or me?

WK06jeeper 05-09-2012 04:18 PM

I believe they are the 6k. I have a pick just have to figure out how to post it. They are a few in the middle and some on the end but like you said all in groups of three. I sent flashtech an email but no response yet and that was 2 weeks ago. I'm fine with paying for them and installing them cuz I know I would do it right. I def want the lights to match my fogs which work just fine.

robpp 05-10-2012 06:38 PM

The original white ones FlashTech sold had a 10v limit. They sold other colors that were 7v. So these came with a regulator.

Then they made them 14v like a year ago. These were just full if quality issues. I think you have the later as i said they have issues.

Ask them how to tell which you have.

I suggest no matter which, if they fix replace , that you get their regulator and run it. Its just a big relay but has a screw you can adjust the power from 6 to 10v.

You need this to make them last. And if early ones its mandatory.

I think the reg is like 25 bux. IIRC.

Here is their #

Call and talk to Steve or Wes.

GL.

robpp 05-10-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio186 (Post 627129)
im confused at this reply? who are you calling an A hole? steve at flashtech or me?

Sorry to say but Yes it was you.

Reason: This is a public forum. What if the guys from FlashTech see your post, they used to be vendors here, or maybe someone who knows them personally sees this, when you offer advice to basically SCREW a company of money that you do it in private/

NOT RIGHT HERE WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT

Antonio186 05-10-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 627719)
Sorry to say but Yes it was you.

Reason: This is a public forum. What if the guys from FlashTech see your post, they used to be vendors here, or maybe someone who knows them personally sees this, when you offer advice to basically SCREW a company of money that you do it in private/

NOT RIGHT HERE WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT

woah woah sparky what are you the forum police? i wasnt trying to tell anyone to screw a vendor or former vendor. i was telling him to check the warranty status and i wasnt sure if the lifetime warranty was transferable or not. and if it was not transferable then oh well dont inform them unless they ask its just customary and usually common sense. dont screw your self. and who gives a crap if someone from flashtech sees this thread. it doenst matter what are they going to do rattle the forum admins cage for his real name so when he calls for a warranty replacement they will deny him because of said conversation.

be easy guy this is as you said a public forum based on a common interest jeeps, and from what i see you dont own one anymore so dont get on a high horse and call me an A hole, when i havent done anything or been anything but polite and helpful in all of my posts.

robpp 05-10-2012 10:31 PM

You are funny.

:lol:

So you are a great guy for suggesting he screw FlashTech.

That makes you a good person, does it?

Even funnier

I stand by what I said/

Don't volunteer any information

Means try yo sneak it by them in my book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio186 (Post 627063)

Antonio186 05-11-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 627827)
You are funny.

:lol:

So you are a great guy for suggesting he screw FlashTech.

That makes you a good person, does it?

Even funnier

I stand by what I said/

Don't volunteer any information

Means try yo sneak it by them in my book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio186

look at the portion highlighted in red. what i am saying here should be clear. but apparently not so i will try to clear it up best as possible for anyone that might have misunderstood what i am saying. if customer service at Flashtech doesn't ask if you are the original purchaser, don't volunteer that info, but if they do ask DONT LIE about it tell them that you are not the original purchaser. its just like if you got pulled over by a cop for a tail light being out dont offer the cop more information than he needs to do his job. like hey officer i was drinking tonight as well. cause its only going to create a headache for YOU! no one else.

if using some common sense and exercising my fifth amendment right makes me an A hole than guess what i am an A hole.

WK06jeeper 05-12-2012 04:52 PM

Thanks for all the info. I will have to give them a call next week when I have the free time and see what we can figure out. I'll keep you all posted.