Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   California Tint in VA (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/california-tint-in-va-41925.html)

JeepMonster 05-09-2012 07:24 PM

California Tint in VA

Has anyone had their tints done here? Seems like they have the best availability in the area.

montgb 05-10-2012 06:55 AM

Re: California Tint in VA

I used LA Tint in Manassas and am satisfied with the results. It was either $90 or $100 for the front windows.

robpp 05-10-2012 03:26 PM

why all the CALI names for tint places in VA/

wtf, is the CALI name to lure you in :lol:

in denver , my windows were tinted by DENVER window tint/

JeepMonster 05-10-2012 03:58 PM

haha I honestly have no idea, the name of the shop and what it looked like seemed to be quite different too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 627617)
why all the CALI names for tint places in VA/

wtf, is the CALI name to lure you in :lol:

in denver , my windows were tinted by DENVER window tint/

Jdsmitty10 05-10-2012 09:09 PM

I am kicking around getting my fronts to match the rears here in pa. I worry too whether I'm gonna be hassled. But damn, every where I look people have blacked out windows so I'm leaning toward doing it. Got quoted 70 for the 2 for a highly reputable shop. Might see if I can get a 2for deal if I take my Tacoma too to get a lil cheaper price per vehicle for bringing 2 in...

JeepMonster 05-10-2012 09:24 PM

That's a good price, in VA 2 fronts run 90-150 depending on quality of tint. I wouldn't worry too much about getting hassled I drove through PA for 4 years with 5% all around my old Jetta and never got hassled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsmitty10 (Post 627792)
I am kicking around getting my fronts to match the rears here in pa. I worry too whether I'm gonna be hassled. But damn, every where I look people have blacked out windows so I'm leaning toward doing it. Got quoted 70 for the 2 for a highly reputable shop. Might see if I can get a 2for deal if I take my Tacoma too to get a lil cheaper price per vehicle for bringing 2 in...

Jdsmitty10 05-10-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmonster (Post 627801)
That's a good price, in VA 2 fronts run 90-150 depending on quality of tint. I wouldn't worry too much about getting hassled I drove through PA for 4 years with 5% all around my old Jetta and never got hassled.

Ya I'm really leaning toward parting with my 70 bucks. Factory darkness is not even real dark anyway so I think I would be ok. Plus dark windows on my stone white would look bad ass..

Chaoul1 05-10-2012 09:44 PM

Go to "The Tint Shop" in Chantilly if you want a good deal. PM me if you have any questions. I know the owner that's why. I got my fathers car done there and a few o my relatives have been there.

BOYCHIKS 05-10-2012 11:04 PM

There is a shop called "The Dark Side" in MD, shouldn't be too far from you. They did my entire Jeep, all 6 windows, rear AND windshield for $220. Top Notch!!

billyp 05-11-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsmitty10 (Post 627792)

Have had matching tint on front door windows on all my vehicles here in Pa for close to 20 years. Never been hasseled.

Jdsmitty10 05-11-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyp (Post 627930)
Have had matching tint on front door windows on all my vehicles here in Pa for close to 20 years. Never been hasseled.

thats nice to know thanks!

Jdsmitty10 05-21-2012 01:37 PM

just scheduled mine to be tinted this week.. cant wait..65 bucks for fronts with carbon tint(which I was told is a good kind)..