Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Freaky Enter n Go (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/freaky-enter-n-go-41930.html)

chevelle69 05-09-2012 09:17 PM

Freaky Enter n Go

Hi!! New Wk2 owner here I have been reading and learning lots of good info here. I'm still amazed at the things the WK can do. Now for a new "quirk" if you will........ Has anyone noticed that when washing your jeep and the fob is in your pocket that the doors unlock every time you spray water on the door handles? I guess it mistakes water for your hand. Just wondering has this's happened to anyone else!!!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 05-09-2012 09:43 PM

Re: Freaky Enter n Go

check out the wk2 section for some help

RageOfFury 05-10-2012 05:39 AM

Yup this is why I keep my fob away from my Jeep when I wash it. ;)

AAAA 05-10-2012 09:08 AM

Yeh. It's weird and funny at the same time. Must mimic some sort of contuctivity.

Yadkin 05-10-2012 09:24 AM

Mine "winks" at me with the headlights when I wash it. I just figured it liked me.

John47 05-10-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevelle69 (Post 627283)
Hi!! New Wk2 owner here I have been reading and learning lots of good info here. I'm still amazed at the things the WK can do. Now for a new "quirk" if you will........ Has anyone noticed that when washing your jeep and the fob is in your pocket that the doors unlock every time you spray water on the door handles? I guess it mistakes water for your hand. Just wondering has this's happened to anyone else!!!!

Yep, ours locks and unlocks with the spray on the handle.
Now I leave the fob inside the console when washing.
Another thing I've learned to be careful about is giving the windscreen a wipe with a chamois if the engine happens to be running......the auto wipers take a bite at you!!

Brewster 05-10-2012 07:25 PM

I had the same thing happen. If you order the big version of the printed manual, some where in there I read that rain could cause the same issue. I had to learn to take the fob out of my pocket.

Snipe315 05-11-2012 12:43 AM

Never had this happen.

Of course, I turned off the Keyless Entry and Go system on Day One so I have to actually Press the Unlock button.

:rolleyes:

Aiyer 05-11-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John47 (Post 627680)
Yep, ours locks and unlocks with the spray on the handle.
Now I leave the fob inside the console when washing.
Another thing I've learned to be careful about is giving the windscreen a wipe with a chamois if the engine happens to be running......the auto wipers take a bite at you!!

Had something similar happen to me on my Cayenne. I was pouring some windshield washer fluid on the windshield to sort of melt the ice standing on the driver side with the vehicle running, next thing the huge wipers push all the fluid on my face/clothes. I was shocked for couple of seconds then I was laughing hard! :)

Also need to remember to shut off auto rain sensing wipers off when going for a auto car wash.