Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   best polish/wax to use, and how to keep the dash from getting dusty (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/best-polish-wax-to-use-and-how-to-keep-the-dash-from-getting-dusty-41967.html)

DocCat 05-10-2012 08:59 PM

best polish/wax to use, and how to keep the dash from getting dusty

Hi. Have a 2012 GC Ltd Red.
Love the beige leather with black carpet and dash combo. But the black dashboard shows all the dust. Any suggestions on how to keep the dash looking less dusty?

Also, I could use any recommendations for wax/polish for the exterior.

Thanks.

DocCat

Jdsmitty10 05-10-2012 09:46 PM

Re: best polish/wax to use, and how to keep the dash from getting dusty

As far as the dash, I have kind the less you have your windows open the less dust u get. Not sure on keeping it less dusty other than that.

Waxes are a tough one to reccommend.
Depends on how you want to apply.

I have used anything from colinite(lasts forever but lots of work to apply) to Meguiars gold class/ nxt gen/ etc. to mothers brands to zymol... And on and on.. I like the Meguiars gold class or nxt gen wax for their ease of application. Doesn't last as long pa others but so easy to apply and works nice. My 2 pennies

five.7 Hemi 05-10-2012 09:52 PM

I've always like s100 for wax, it's the same as the p21S but in a smaller container that I can buy at the local Harley dealer.....I don't like wait for mail order stuff. This stuff works great.

I actually use a few different products that I can buy locally, like Liquid Glass. I'll put on a couple coats of Liquid Glass then top it with the s100. Produces a nice deep shine on my silver Audi. Haven't tried it on the black Jeep yet.

SW03ES 05-10-2012 10:38 PM

There are literally a thousand different waxes/sealants/etc out there and EVERYONE has a differing opinion on what is best. If I were you I'd read the forums at www.autopia.org and make determinations for yourself.

As for the dash, I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/California-Das.../dp/B006B376WK

They work great.

king 05-10-2012 11:33 PM

Adamspolishes.com give em a try, and you'll wonder what took you so long... Seriously, check it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

ColinIllinois 05-11-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.7 Hemi (Post 627816)
I've always like s100 for wax, it's the same as the p21S but in a smaller container that I can buy at the local Harley dealer.....I don't like wait for mail order stuff. This stuff works great.

I actually use a few different products that I can buy locally, like Liquid Glass. I'll put on a couple coats of Liquid Glass then top it with the s100. Produces a nice deep shine on my silver Audi. Haven't tried it on the black Jeep yet.

I use the S100 as a final coat also. I prep with Klasse All in One polish followed by two layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze then the S100. Makes for a nice deep shine on the silver JGC.

five.7 Hemi 05-11-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 627833)
There are literally a thousand different waxes/sealants/etc out there and EVERYONE has a differing opinion on what is best. If I were you I'd read the forums at www.autopia.org and make determinations for yourself.

As for the dash, I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/California-Das.../dp/B006B376WK

They work great.

Yep, that's a great web site for tips and tricks....not to mention all different kinds of products.

moosehead 05-11-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinIllinois (Post 627947)
I use the S100 as a final coat also. I prep with Klasse All in One polish followed by two layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze then the S100. Makes for a nice deep shine on the silver JGC.

This makes me realize what a lazy sloth I am.

Awe hell.

JRNYC 05-11-2012 08:21 AM

A few folks here love the Zaino products for inside and out.

Im going to do the Zaino leather treatment in a few more weeks.

One of the things that attracts me to Zainos is the users say the smell is great. Keeps and restores the new leather smell!

amill 05-11-2012 08:32 AM

I have switched to mostly optimum products. Their hyper polish or optimum polish 2 is really good for siwrl and other defect removal. Their sealant is spray based and works great. Its called opti-seal. As for a topper wax s100, meguiars nxt or optimums spray wax are all solid choices.

For the interior I usually use meguiars interior cleaner with a flat/natural finish. For the leather parts lexol is what I've used in the past. Although I've heard amazing things about leather vital. I'm going to give that a shot.

amill 05-11-2012 08:42 AM

Also, for the guys who use zaino. You can save yourself some cash buying duragloss product. Its the exact same thing only repackaged.

ZAIO = 101
Z8 = Aquawax (used to smell the same until it started popping up on forums)
Z11=221 (the leather conditioners smell exactly the same)
Z7=901
Z5=105

SW03ES 05-11-2012 09:53 AM

I would be beyond shocked if Duragloss was the same product as Zaino. It smelling the same isn't proof that its the same product.