Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   Superchips 3875 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/superchips-3875-a-42033.html)

linenfelserrogdr 05-12-2012 08:39 AM

Superchips 3875

Hey guys I'm kinda new here and I know there is a ton of forums and online stuff about this but here it is again. I have a 2001 WJ with the 4.7. Has the K&N FIPK and flowmaster exhaust. My question is: should I get the flashpaq tuner? What kind of real results? Thanks a lot.

Roger

harkinsc 05-12-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Superchips 3875

I just got one for my Jeep. I love it. Just depends what kind of tune you put in it. I'm on the 87 Octane tune and you can definitely feel/hear a difference. I'm going to be doing some towing and i liked that there was a Tow specific tune.

Martyp 05-12-2012 01:15 PM

If you don't plan to do anything too drastic in the future then I would highly recommend it too. Had one and the 91 perf tune was superb.

If you are thinking of doing cams etc, then I'd look into the SCT tuning available now. Although the initial cost is probably double the Superchips as you need a data logger with a wideband sensor too.

linenfelserrogdr 05-12-2012 02:42 PM

Thanks guys. Ill probably order one this coming Friday. Yeah intake and exhaust is about as far as I'm gonna go. Thanks again.

01grand 05-14-2012 10:14 AM

For the basic intake and exhaust, you will definitely be happy with the superchips. I haven't even to exhaust yet and love what mine has done, the 91 octane tune is FUN, but gas gets expensive when you buy premium and floor the gas pedal every chance you get :lol: I run the 87 octane tune all the time now and love the extra boost, and as long as I try and drive mostly like a normal person without a speed complex it has no negative impact on MPG. Going to western MN this weekend to my sis in laws, gonna test out the mileage tune again and see if it helps with a car full of people and luggage. I wish I could just buy a short bus for times like this.... grumble grumble damn people in my back seats thinking they are allowed to eat in my jeep grumble grumble...:slapfight::mad:

Martyp 05-14-2012 02:37 PM

LOL, cable tie their wrists before you let them in!

The back seats of these Jeeps are so darn comfy they shouldn't mind...

StoneCold 05-14-2012 04:01 PM

I'm running the 91 tune, with an intake, exhaust and ported TB. The difference is amazing! I love it.

TJXJWJ 05-16-2012 07:44 AM

I'm loving mine so far! I run the 91 tune...other mods listed below. It is worth it in my opinion.

01grand 05-20-2012 10:49 PM

Thought I would add a quick review here rather than create a separate thread. This weekend I drove about 4 hours to my sister in laws out in western MN with a car full of my wife, 2 other sis in laws, niece, and all the assorted luggage that 3 20+ year old females and a 4 year old think they need. Before heading out I plugged in the tuner and set it to the mileage XS tune. Before heading home I set it back to the 87 octane performance tune. Gotta say I don't think the mileage option did anything. I know the evic isn't always the most accurate, but I will consider it a "standard" for this scenario. On the way out with the mileage tune I averaged about 19.1 mpg loaded and with the a/c on most of the time. On the way home with the performance tune back I averaged 19.6 mpg. Same load, same roads, although the a/c was used less since the weather was nice. With the mileage tune the jeep definitely felt a little more sluggish especially on acceleration like when trying to pass someone. I'm not sure what the programming changes on the mileage tune, in my experience it wasn't sufficient to bother switching the programming. I think I will be sticking with the 87 performance from now on.

Sqall12001 05-21-2012 01:45 PM

I did notice a mileage increase in mine, but I have to do an accurate run before I post results.
The Only way to have measurable results as far as mpg is Fill up at a good known gas location near your house maybe, Shell, Exxon, ect. Know what pump you filled up on. Notice how you pump the gas, Pull trigger all the way, set on first click, second click, ect. Also things that help are, Same temp outside(for later in this comparator) even humidity.

Reset your Odometer

Now, take your trip, drive around, whatever. You can fill up at other locations, but save your reciepts, do not calculate Mpg yet, do not reset odometer.

Now after your trip, or whatever useful drive you went on, fill up AT THE SAME Station, Same PUMP, Same fill rate, Same temp if you can (I do mornings, a few degrees doesn't make too much difference, but early morning 60* vs mid day 90* will!!!)

Then! Add up all the receipt (if there were any) Gallons you filled up, add the gallons you just put in and divide your total miles by that many gallons. Then longer the test the more accurate the results.

That is the best Consumer way of telling True MPG. Yes if you can monitor fuel injector pulse width, fuel pressure, ect, then you can calc exact fuel used, but who does that except manufacturers and Mythbusters?? Lol

-Nick

01grand 06-29-2012 12:55 PM

I rented a 5x8 uhaul trailer for bringing some stuff to and from my brother in laws this weekend. The Jeep handles the trailer great so far (empty) but it does take some oomph out of acceleration. For fun I'm trying the towing tune on the superchips. We will see if it helps much, they say its supposed to keep it from hunting through gears while towing.

hoffmanestates 07-12-2012 11:25 AM

hmmm I must try this super chip

Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2