Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

HELP! Ran through a puddle of paint!

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  gokart508 
#1 ·
Was following a truck today and it lost a bucket of paint. I thought I missed it, but when I got home I found splatters of house paint all over the jeep that had dried. I can take it off with my finger nail, but does anyone have a better way to get this stuff off? Thanks...

#3 ·
You might also try a rubbing compound or bug/tar remover. Good luck!

#4 ·
A heavy cut clay bar will do it, but you'll likely have to polish the effected areas again...

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I don't think it's water based paint. I tried a clay bar I had laying around but it was pretty old, removed some, but not all. Will need to run out to the auto part store tomorrow and pick up a new one. Thanks everyone.

#7 ·
You really may want to consider taking it to a professional...

#9 · (Edited)
I would just never do that. Stick to products designed to do the work you need done. No way to know how oven cleaner is going to react to automotive paint.

#10 ·
Use a rubbing compound, and then follow it up with a less aggressive polishing compound. If you can get the big pieces off using the rubbing compound, claybar might make quick work of the smaller remnants. One of the main/initial things clay was used for was removing overspray, which you have essentially a horribly overdone case of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.