Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Project Ground Pounder SRT Wide-Body Clone

111K views 423 replies 95 participants last post by  Scottina06 
#1 · (Edited)
Project ( Ground Pounder SRT ) . ( work currently still in progress L )

Hello my friends,

I am a car tuning enthusiast living in Beirut, Lebanon. My hobby is spending my spare times tuning my cars in my humble garage, then driving them to drop some Jaws J ! I Like my ride to be Flashy, One of a Kind, at most of all The attention to detailing (Y) ! I am 30 yrs old now, and I used to modify my rides since I were 15 J .

Where I live, there are no decent car shops. No quality parts, no accessories, no nothing!! …if i have to find anything it would be some bad quality stuff…. what so ever, so I always have to order parts from the U.S.A mostly . So I always have to bare the extra shipping expense, customs, and time…

Why a Jeep WK ? why an SRT clone ?

It all began when I wanted to buy a car that can both be visually modified and handle a big SPL sound system. So it must be an SUV.

An SUV’s interior works like a big box that in turn can multiply the bass sound waves to give that big loudness! … So 1st step, an SUV. 2nd, That SUV must be visually attractive. 1 of the nicest SUV’s in my opinion is the Jeep SRT-8, its a beast.

WK SRT8’s cost in Lebanon 95,000$ at the dealership, not to mention the additional cost to upgrade the looks, like rims, lowering.. etc... So I went with a second hand Laredo, 50,000 Miles for 25,000$ to begin with :) ..

This build up by far is really really really Costy, tiring, and Verryyyyyy Time consuming. I Working on my Wk alone, and at my spare times, it took me now 9 month’s to be exact, and I still have a long way in ‘’ Detailing ‘’ . The current Awesome Outcome was the result of Sweat, Blood and Tears ;)

I would like to give a big big big thanks up to Scott ( Scottina 06 ) J . Without him whoring here and there with his posts, and giving me some priceless tips my build up would never be an instant success J He was the first person to modd up a Wk and do a complete SRT-8 conversion, with write ups, pictures, part-numbers and suggestions.. I blindly believe in what he suggests. Thanks Scott for your support for us forum members J , I call you : The Life Saver :p

Robpp : The Perfectionalist J
HEMIbeast : JG’s P.I.M.P ! ;)

My Project is still in the progress, and its going on slow. Main reason : Ordering parts from the U.S.A and waiting for shipping and customs time.. Other reasons: Working on my own at my spare times…And the attention to detail in my work which consumes lots lots of time J I will post what I’ve done so far.

Before the Pics, a small list of current mods and parts on hand : ;)

- Shaved Antenna.
- Shaved Rear Wiper.
- FIAMM air horn :D
- Custom built Wide Front Wheel flares + 2cm on each side.
-Custom built Wide rear Wheel flares + 2.5 cm on each side.
- Brand new 08 Laredo Side door moldings, ( to be shaved and color coded )
- Complete Srt8 front fascia with brackets, supports, air ducts…. De-chromed, color coded, License plate bracket color coded also.
- Complete SRT8 rear fascia …. De-chromed, color coded chrome strip, color coded rear sensors.
- Brand new SRT8 roof rails, color coded.
- Mopar Rear spoiler ( modified, bigger lip )
- Stillen headlight covers.
- Custom Mesh grill ( in the works )
- PPG Lambo Pearl Red Paint.
- Flat black door pillars.
- 22’ Dunlop Sp-Sport Max tires. 265/35/22
- Flat black 22’ Gino Wheels With color coded lip(s) both sides.
- Flat Black mirror housings , with color coded cover ( SRT8 style )
- F.B window trim ( Laredo trim )
- F.B headlight housing.
-F.B foglight housing.
-F.B Brake rotors , and Brake pad calipers.
-F.B under carriage.
-F.B ( inside ) door and hood panels, and trunk door..
- Blacked out tails, 3rd brake light, fogs.
- AAC style 6000K Halo rings. Highs, Lows and fogs
- H.I.D Highs, Lows, and Fogs
- Bwoody Lowering springs.
- Srt8 Bilsteins.
- Srt8 Sway bars.
- Mbrp 5’ Dual wall custom exhaust tips.
- Pioneer AVH p-3150 DVD head unit ( touch screen , double din )
- Pioneer 6 woofers ( Tsw-3004 SPL ) 3,000 watts each J
- Pioneer 3 Amps (PRS-D2000SPL ) monstrous amps.
- 6 optima 75 AH yellow top batteries.
- 3 WK 160 amp Alternators

That is => $ 20,000 + in mods SO FAR * :(

Here Is the story.....

- My 3.7L Laredo still a virgin :) , before i buy it , when first i set an eye on it at a car dealer.

Fist day Home : 1st mods : debagged , deleted roof rack! lol

Last Day of virginity shot : trying some vynil eye lids ....

Found Srt-8 front and Rear bumpers at a salvage yard!!! sold them to me for (2000$) without the brackets, ducts..and all the hardware .... installed them , and trying some home made LED's .. by that time from 1 and 1/2 yrs , there were no Halo kits for a WK ;)

The 22' Rims from GINO USA had arrived ( 1,950 $ ) , + 15 offset . installed so i can widen the flares custom on them . i had to widen the jeep fenders by 2.5 cm at the rear, and 2 at the front.

Time to stripp off the jeep inside out, and mark every single part to identify later and clean before installing again... took me 3 weaks.

installed rims and bumpers and began the conversion... bought 2 WK front fenders and we cut the flares and welded them + some metal work on the rear...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Bought some Primer that the military use at their TANKS! ! lol and primed the metal :) this stuff is soo expensive and stinks like !@#$% !

Hired a proffesional to do my paint preparation at my home garage .. no bondo, thats Fiberglass. much more stronger..

Shaved Antenna, and rear wiper .... preparing the jeep

#4 · (Edited)
test fitting everything at a sunday :) .. working on my friends violet dreams Lambo Replica :D and my ///M3 ..

From this On , i am all alone, working with the jeep...

Welds that need to be sanded, rubbed well and sprayed with car undercoating

Welds sprayed

#5 · (Edited)
From here on , The built is not by sequence order...

Work done completely by me in my humble garage :D

OEM Rims :

Dunlop Tires Sport Max's 265 35 22

Preparing to custom Paint at night .... Its all about them details ;)

Lamborghini's RUSSO POP Color ;) .. with white undercoat...

Et voilaaa !

License plate holders

#7 · (Edited)
Bwoody Springs Arrived
Bilsteins Arrived
Srt8 sway bars arrived .....

worked 3 weaks under the jeep, prepared it all so i can spray 3 layers of
undercoating!!!

LOOOOL !!!! 3:00 AM .... preparing to paint calipers and drums flat black the next mornin :)

Bwoodys , bilsteins, painted calipers Flat Black undercoating, Minus the Sways...

Sways arrived ... MOPAR didnt send me the front sway mounting brakets :( never installed the front sway yet :( waiting shipping..

Waiting for the first base coat to cure, 3 more to come in White, then the OranGe..

Not Lambo Color , But in Orange , looks nice next to the yellow bilsteins :) monkeying on the tree!

Rear srt sway, next to the OEM

#8 ·
Man I need to see more.

#9 ·
Very sick!!! It's cool to see someone do all of this custom work themselves; kudos man! Can't wait to see the end result!!

I have a question though:

You say you want to do 3 of those Pioneer amps and 6 of those Pioneer sub woofers.... you do realize that each sub woofer will only be seeing 375 watts each and each amp only delivering 750 watts - they are capable of delivering 2000 watts if wired properly... why limit the amps to 750 watts a piece? I'd rethink the stereo as you are really leaving a lot of power on the table.

#10 · (Edited)
Very sick!!! It's cool to see someone do all of this custom work themselves; kudos man! Can't wait to see the end result!!

I have a question though:

You say you want to do 3 of those Pioneer amps and 6 of those Pioneer sub woofers.... you do realize that each sub woofer will only be seeing 375 watts each and each amp only delivering 750 watts - they are capable of delivering 2000 watts if wired properly... why limit the amps to 750 watts a piece? I'd rethink the stereo as you are really leaving a lot of power on the table.

Hello brother, why 375 ? no ?!!

each sub is 1000 Rms at 4 ohms, provided it is double coil.
each amp is 2000 Rms at 1 OHMS , so, if we wire 2 subs in parallel to 1 amp, the amp will go down to 1 ohm stable, so it will give each sub 1000 RMS! :)

each 2 subs will be fed with it 2 optima 75 AH yellow tops and its own 160 amp alternator...

#12 · (Edited)
Its time to do some Flat black on the inside..... The Preparation .... Very hard work to get the details right..

The Results .... ;)

The White stuff under the window molding is just accumulated dust, jeep is All dusty.. never washed since painted...

Flat Black front Hood sound insulator :)

#15 ·
Hamze all I gotta say is WOW! Mabrook and alf Mabrook (thousand blessings and congrats for you non Arabic speaking friends of mine)

That is amazing man, must have taken a lot of patience and time with the pain in the a** shipping times, customs, and cost of it all ...

You have only posted part of the work and can already tell it's nice ... way to go bro

#17 · (Edited)
600 oC paint , Flat black front light housing and fogs.. in the progress... ( paint still curing in the pic )

ACC halos, but with too much ccfl broken rings!!! so i have to switch to LED halos soon.. I have to re-open my foglights .. and paint from the start :( waiting for the qoute, shipping would take 2 weaks..

Creating my own HID wiring harness, beleive it or not, i didnt found a wiring harness in all Lebanon!

2:00 Am + figuring out some wiring sh** math !@#% !

#18 ·
New parts arrived... never been installed yet ...

front air ducts reached both for the Left side i guess :S! so, the other side still shipping...

The radio bezel reached with a different color than what i ordered.... i will re-paint it to match the dash no problem + will paint the face of the bezel Lambo red to go along my interior scheme...

T5053's .. 5'' Dual TIP :) will Look awesome on da jeep !

#19 · (Edited)
6 ( 1000 RMS) 12's . 3 ( 2000 RMS ) Amps .

2 srt8 Side skirts ( not been painted yet , bcz were late to arrive )

4 Laredo door moldings ( has to be shaved from the grand cherokee logo , primed and painted Lambo red )

2 SRT8 roof railes , ( not been painted yet... were late to arrive ) ..

ACC halos .. ( going to Garbage ) .... All in 1 Pic :) :thumbsup:

A clock which i inserted the srt8 logo in :) so i liked to share .... its 6:00 Am now, gonna continue the thread with the EXTERIOR Pics tommorow.. good night ..

#23 ·
I am blown away at the amount of exellent craftsmanship and detail being expressed on this build. I wish I had the skills or knew someone that does. This brings many new ideas to mind. I cant wait to see more.....

#27 ·
Hamze! It seems Allah has given you a purpose man! If there are no good shops in all of Lebanon, you should be the person to open one! This is proof positive of what you should be doing with your life. I'd come there to help you in a heartbeat if you ever did start a Lebanese custom shop.

lol, instead of West Coast Customs, you could call it Mediterranean Coast Customs!

Beirut has to be beautiful. It was once referred to as the "Paris of the Middle East".

#29 ·
Hamze! It seems Allah has given you a purpose man! If there are no good shops in all of Lebanon, you should be the person to open one! This is proof positive of what you should be doing with your life. I'd come there to help you in a heartbeat if you ever did start a Lebanese custom shop.

lol, instead of West Coast Customs, you could call it Mediterranean Coast Customs!

Beirut has to be beautiful. It was once referred to as the "Paris of the Middle East".
Very well said Ron...

lol at the mediterranean coast customs ... call it bimbin in da middle east!

Beirut is an amazing city so are the chiqas there :D

Hamze would agree !?!?

#28 ·
:eek: good u got the guts to take everything apart...wow, it looks amazing! cant wait to see more pictures as you progress and the end result :)

#30 ·
Hello My friends! :)

I am soo soo soo Happy U like the work on da jeep :) . You mad emy day! :)

I am trying all my best to get it done as good and neet as possible :)

S.O.T.I. : mediterranean coast customs ! looooooooooooooooooooool !! Actually i've bought a car oven :) and willing to open a car shop here, but not finding an appropriate place to open my business! lol ! Lebanon is soo small man!! I appreciate your help proposal my friend :) If u ever visit Lebanon I will modify your ride for free ! hehe :)

boniomario : :thumbsup: Chiqas! Oooooooh! la laaa ! :) They die for a person who talk arabic with an american accent though :D .. so you should teach our Jeep Garage friends some arabic , and come some day to visit Lebanon you are all welcomed Guys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.