Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   EVIC control buttons not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/evic-control-buttons-not-working-42136.html)

americanbulldog 05-14-2012 03:22 PM

EVIC control buttons not working

Has anyone else had a problem with the EVIC control buttons not working everytime when pressed? Sometimes I have to press them 2, 3, or 4 times to get the display to change or scroll. The cruise control buttons on the other side work perfectly. Should I bring this up with the dealer? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

SW03ES 05-14-2012 03:42 PM

Re: EVIC control buttons not working

I too have started having this problem recently. I'm thinking its similar button issue as I had with the cruise control switch when the Jeep was new. They replaced the switch assembly for the cruise side and that fixed the issue.

I assume that the same will be the case for the EVIC side and I plan to address it next week when I take it in.

JTS97Z28 05-14-2012 03:58 PM

Every now and then I find myself having to hit a button more than once to get it to scroll on the evic. Its something I have noticed so must be somewhat of an issue. My car is a 2012 Overland with 2,000 miles. Unfortunately I hate bringing my vehicles to dealers so the last thing I want is the dealership to touch my car and probably screw something else up worse than when it went in. So unless it gets real bad im not letting them touch my car.

James

Schweibs 05-14-2012 07:18 PM

I have the same problem, I have found that if you hold the button for about .5 second instead of just a quick click it will work more often.

Cherodude 05-14-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweibs (Post 629505)
I have the same problem, I have found that if you hold the button for about .5 second instead of just a quick click it will work more often.

+1 to this. I find all the steering wheel buttons work best with a slight hold on the press, rather than a quick click. Maybe has to do with the CANBUS speed, rather than the switch itself?

oldjeeper 05-14-2012 08:43 PM

I have had this happen also seems to help if you hold button a little longer.

Hollywood 05-15-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 629428)
Every now and then I find myself having to hit a button more than once to get it to scroll on the evic. Its something I have noticed so must be somewhat of an issue. My car is a 2012 Overland with 2,000 miles. Unfortunately I hate bringing my vehicles to dealers so the last thing I want is the dealership to touch my car and probably screw something else up worse than when it went in. So unless it gets real bad im not letting them touch my car.

James

x2

Ratchet 05-15-2012 12:53 PM

Scrolling down, the menu bar goes pretty quick. Scrolling up is the only time multiple presses are sometimes required.

americanbulldog 05-16-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratchet (Post 629839)
Scrolling down, the menu bar goes pretty quick. Scrolling up is the only time multiple presses are sometimes required.

Mine hangs up going both ways, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - going to bring the issue up to the dealer today while they're changing my oil, I'll let y'all know what they say.

Darby Crash 05-16-2012 01:08 PM

I reset the trip every time I get gas and it takes forever to get the buttons to work. Seems like there's a lag now.....this just started happening about a month ago. Blah......

Andrew Klossner 05-18-2012 02:16 PM

These are all signs of defective switches. In a properly functioning system, a light quick touch on any of these is all that's required.

In some cases, this problem will get worse over time; every time you punch the button and squeeze the contact points, they can get bent a little more out of position. Don't let your warranty expire without having the dealer attend to this.