Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   3" IRO Lift and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/3-iro-lift-and-tires-42178.html)

TheStreet16 05-15-2012 07:38 PM

3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
So I'm thinking about getting the 3" lift from IRO but I have this OCD issue with cars and tires that are too small for the car. I hate it. It looks weird.

I currently have 245/70r16 on my Jeep. What size tires do you have with your lift? Also, any pictures you have as well would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bsmith0612 05-16-2012 09:43 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
sorry, but i cannot help you on the tire size with the lift (though i am curious because i was considering running the same lift with some 3/4 leveling spacers also, and running 265/75/16's) but i can say that i have a set of mismatch 245/75/16's (little bigger than yours) on my Jeep with factory suspension.

Factory Suspension and 245/75/16's


http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC02188.jpg

TheStreet16 05-17-2012 06:47 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
thanks. what did you paint your trim with?

bsmith0612 05-18-2012 12:39 AM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 631241)
thanks. what did you paint your trim with?

No Problem!

the trim was lightly sanded, then washed with surface cleaner, i used a flexible primer (forget the name. i got it from NAPA), and NAPA CrossFire paint (code PX8, i think. factory paint code) and then NAPA clear coat on top. I had somebody in my family do it, as i am not a good painter. Apparently they didnt tell me nor did i think to get Fisheye eliminator also. it needed it :(

TheStreet16 05-29-2012 02:37 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
seems a little bit outside of my ability. but i'll look into it. Thanks!

bsmith0612 06-01-2012 04:43 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 636093)
seems a little bit outside of my ability. but i'll look into it. Thanks!

No Problem!

also, theres a lot of people who use Krylon Fusion paint to paint them. Some use Bed Liner. depending on what kind of look you are going for (street or off-road) im sure some people may even have used Plasti-Dip. Try a search on here, ive found several threads:thumbsup:

TheStreet16 06-01-2012 11:31 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 637622)
No Problem!

also, theres a lot of people who use Krylon Fusion paint to paint them. Some use Bed Liner. depending on what kind of look you are going for (street or off-road) im sure some people may even have used Plasti-Dip. Try a search on here, ive found several threads:thumbsup:

I'm going for off-road. I was debating using Plastidip but don't know how it would hold up on the trim and bumpers even though it IS holding very well to my tires. I plan on using the Krylon on my grill within the next week or so and will see how it holds.

bsmith0612 06-02-2012 10:19 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Keep us updated! we <3 pics! lol

I always heard good things about plastidip but i never tried it. im thinking i might here soon on my wheels, until i get new ones

TheStreet16 06-03-2012 04:49 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 638056)
Keep us updated! we <3 pics! lol

I always heard good things about plastidip but i never tried it. im thinking i might here soon on my wheels, until i get new ones

do it. if you don't like it you can just peel it off. only thing I recommend is to spray on your spare first to get an idea for it.

and I'll post a pic of how the grill turns out!

bsmith0612 06-05-2012 12:34 AM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 638348)
do it. if you don't like it you can just peel it off. only thing I recommend is to spray on your spare first to get an idea for it.

and I'll post a pic of how the grill turns out!

I dont have a spare :(

the Jeep didnt come with one when i bought it ($950)
so i use the spare compartment to stash stuff, like tools, cooler, etc. lol

TheStreet16 06-06-2012 04:17 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
well at least you got an effective storage compartment out of it!

and the only thing with the plastidip is that if you pool it/mess it/smear it/whatever just wait till it dries and then take a knife and cut out that part and peel it off and just do it again

bsmith0612 06-09-2012 09:57 PM

Re: 3" IRO Lift and Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 639824)
well at least you got an effective storage compartment out of it!

and the only thing with the plastidip is that if you pool it/mess it/smear it/whatever just wait till it dries and then take a knife and cut out that part and peel it off and just do it again


Sounds like the spare compartment is on its way to being a beer cooler! lol

I would plastidip them... but i decided im getting new wheels and the 3" IRO lift. im gettin new wheels Monday, and the 3/4 Levelers and mounting the wheels on the 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's i bought for $100. (over half tread!!!) then the lift will follow. There might not be install pics but ill have some before and after shots, as well as full lock for steering, etc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community