Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   mygig battery drain (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/mygig-battery-drain-42194.html)

pmpn8ez 05-16-2012 08:41 AM

mygig battery drain

Anyone have any insight on how to correct this??

I have a new optima red top from like 3 months ago, so its not time for a replacement

Only thing I did recently was do a mygig retrofit....been getting hard starts for a week, then it was dead as a door knob 4 hours after I did the clock fix and software update after work

Im almost sure its this, because I unhooked the mygig harness completely and the car is running/starting just fine

any insight how to correct this issue???

is there additional updates/TSB's or a way to maybe hardwire the unit in or something???

Thanks for ANY input

suzieque 05-16-2012 09:05 AM

Re: mygig battery drain

I had an issue with a mygig drain after I copied a certain scratched cd to the mygig hard disk. I had to go into "engineering mode" and format the hard disk. You may need to reformat the hard drive and run it for a while with no files on the hard drive to confirm it is not a hard drive issue.
There is an "ignition off draw" fuse in the power distribution center under the hood, you can pull both those fuses while doing your trouble shooting until you sort out the problem.

*sox* 05-16-2012 09:23 AM

Which mygig, RBZ / RB2 ?

....... from my iPhone

pmpn8ez 05-16-2012 09:37 AM

the nav.....a RER

I have a lockpick

I ordered the 3 update discs off ebay bc I didnt want to mess with it

it was the clockfix 2.499

then I added the 2nd disc, 2.403

I also have a gracenotes update disc, 4620

been busy and didnt get a chance to update it yet

*sox* 05-16-2012 10:22 AM

You ordered and pay for update???

I have all on my server for free!

First you must check the lockpick.....this can cause empty batterie sometime

....... from my iPhone

pmpn8ez 05-16-2012 10:27 AM

yeah, it was 15.........oh well!

it was well worth my time not to do it

so, how can I check the lockpick? should I wire it a certain way to shut off???

blackpepper 05-16-2012 10:35 AM

Sometimes when I turn off the vehicle and even open the door, from the lockpick I hear a slight buzz. If I put the key back in the ignition, turn to On and back off again, the buzz goes away. There has to be some parasitic loss somewhere so I'm interested to see where this thread goes.

*sox* 05-16-2012 10:37 AM

Remove it for some days and look if you have trouble

Which lockpick adapter you have.....from coastale?

....... from my iPhone

pmpn8ez 05-16-2012 10:40 AM

I dont know which one it is to be honest.........I picked it up used and there is no logo on the box.....just black

*sox* 05-16-2012 10:41 AM

Then check the coastale page for update the lockpick

And make some other test:

Go in the car close the car with the key and listen what do the mygig hdd, normaly for 1 min you can hoer some noise but then its stoped.....your are stoped to??

....... from my iPhone

*sox* 05-16-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmpn8ez (Post 630272)
I dont know which one it is to be honest.........I picked it up used and there is no logo on the box.....just black

Post a pic

....... from my iPhone

pmpn8ez 05-16-2012 10:42 AM

I unplugged the factory harness from the lockpick and my battery has been working fine for 3 days!

but, I still cant trouble shoot if its the mygig or the lockpick because there is no way to plug in the mygig without the lockpick