Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Dome leds strobbing! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/dome-leds-strobbing-42218.html)

magna~forma 05-16-2012 05:06 PM

Dome leds strobbing!

I intsalled leds in the dome lamp and the rear side lamps on my 06 wk, about 3 months ago. they worked great for about a month then i had the spyder halo head lights wih hids installed! ever sense then the above dome leds are strobing and sometimes wont turn on, there pretty much omitting no light at all. Any know how to fix it or why there doing it.

Switchback 05-17-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Dome leds strobbing!

Sounds like a electrical issue, do they still flicker when you dont have the headlights on?

magna~forma 05-18-2012 01:03 PM

yea

Switchback 05-18-2012 07:13 PM

Try leaving your truck off and turning on just the interior lights with it off, and see what happens.

If it goes on without any problems it means that something when your truck is on is drawing a substantial amount of power.

05WK 05-21-2012 08:49 PM

If they begin to flicker, try pushing on the end of your headlight control steering column switch. My, and others, column switches sketch out and the connection between the turn switch and the actual lever. Just give it a little tap in and it should fix the problem.

Also, do you have a relay set up on your hids? If you have them

magna~forma 05-21-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 632955)
If they begin to flicker, try pushing on the end of your headlight control steering column switch. My, and others, column switches sketch out and the connection between the turn switch and the actual lever. Just give it a little tap in and it should fix the problem.

Also, do you have a relay set up on your hids? If you have them

Do you mean push control lever towards the steering wheel? and i got a relay set up with my hids with resistors.

05WK 05-21-2012 09:33 PM

As in push the tip of the stick in. Like a clicker on a joy stick. The connection there sucks and I need to actually replace mine.

A lot of us have this problem

magna~forma 05-21-2012 10:21 PM

lights would either go out or change flicker pace when i push on the lever. theres definitely some connection there but it didn't fix the strobe. What are you replacing?

05WK 05-22-2012 12:48 AM

Try holding it down.
My dash lights will dim at first(along with my radio lights, but now that i have an alpine is does not dim)
-When this happens, the cabin lights will not come on with the switch or if they do they will flicker like you describe.

In worst case, all the lights on the vehicle will fllicker, on and off. Interior, Head lamps and dash.

I assume its just the connection betweeen the light switch roll tip and the lever itself. when i push mine down a bit it fixes the problem.

ALL THIS only happens when I have my headlights on.

Worst case, check the condition of your battery.

The actual column switch/lever which controls the lights and turn signals. I plan to do a fog light addition mod, eventually....