Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   replace tire sensor (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/replace-tire-sensor-4222.html)

Fadii 11-23-2009 12:19 PM

replace tire sensor

Hello
I have one tire sensor get broken , so I buy new one from the dealer.
Can I install it by myself ? or it need the dealer to do the programming for the new sensor ?

Before one year it happen to that one sensor has broken and when I install the new one the TPMS does not recognize the new one until I went to the dealer and he charge me more than the price of the sensor !!

I dont like to pay them again for new programing .. can you help me ?

mjl2610 11-23-2009 12:41 PM

Re: replace tire sensor

If your Jeep is a 2005+ model year then there should be no programming required. Do you have an export model?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tpms.htm

Fadii 11-23-2009 03:06 PM

thank you mjl2610
yes my WK is 2006
last year I bought one sensor and I replace it with the speare sensor , but it didnt recognize the new sensor and said the spare is missing.. then I toke it to the dealler and they fix it.

I will try to replace it and see ..

any advices before I replace it ?

thanks

robpp 11-23-2009 03:09 PM

you may need to go tothe tire store to get inside the wheel and tire. it can be difficult to break the bead or get the tire and wheel seperated.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-23-2009 03:10 PM

just go ahead and replace it ... it's about time on those things ... you might want to look on ebay for group buy or where you can buy them for cheaper ... the stealership charges way too much for those ...

it will be cheaper to just buy a set of 4 since you already replaced one and change them out all together ... the life on those things 4-5 years ...

have a tire shop do it not the dealership the tire shop will charge less

Milous 11-23-2009 07:51 PM

Dealer programming is required for the spare tire sensor, but not for the road wheel sensors, they will automatically be reconized after a short drive.

Fadii 11-24-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 104565)
Dealer programming is required for the spare tire sensor, but not for the road wheel sensors, they will automatically be reconized after a short drive.

Now the broken sensor I have it on spare tire, the sensor detect that its low prusser ..
I think I need to bring back the spare tire to its place and install the new sensor instaed of the broken one at the road tires .. do you think it may work ?

I just order it from dealer and I will wait until tomorrow to get it, it cost me about 37$. maybe they have discount too

Fadii 11-25-2009 02:48 PM

it works fine I just replace it with the road tire and works fine

thanks everyone

Scottina06 11-25-2009 05:27 PM

yes...if your spare has a problem or is low on air...it will show as a low tire. Although I have no spare at all and I have never got a warning

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-25-2009 05:55 PM

my spare is off to and I have no warning signal either :)

Fadii 12-04-2009 07:47 AM

hello again
I have replaced the sensor and it direct works fine .. but now the spare giving low pressure and I drive more than 400 km and still giving the same message " spare low pressure "

any help plzzzzzzzzz?

06HemiLtd 12-04-2009 08:03 AM

you need to put some air in the spare tire. if you have a long neck tire chuck you can reach it up to the valve stem. if you don't, you'll have to lower the tire down a bit to get the chuck on it. put some air in it and drive for a few minutes. the low pressure indicator should go off