Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Australia: Potential GJC SRT8 owners? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/australia-potential-gjc-srt8-owners-42272.html)

8weapons 05-17-2012 10:17 PM

Australia: Potential GJC SRT8 owners?

Anyone in Australia able to get any info when the GJC SRT8 will be released and how much?
The Jeep sales people i have dealt with are claiming they know very little at this stage and has been delayed til July Aug

ENFORCER 05-17-2012 11:28 PM

Re: Australia: Potential GJC SRT8 owners?

The price will be $88,500 + ORC (not confirmed)
Delivery will be Aug 2012, most dealers will have one next month for demo.
The only options will be the Pano roof and colour, as it looks like the premo sound is standard.

8weapons 05-18-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 631382)
The only options will be the Pano roof and colour, as it looks like the premo sound is standard.

hmmm ok... Thanks , with ORC thats getting up there, sounds ike it will be close to $100k with the pano roof!

Milous 05-18-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

The only other option would be the rear DVD system, unless they decide not to offer it at all - only 2 of the 80 builds so far have it. 80% have the dual pane sunroof, 84% have the premium sound, 100% have the 3-season tyres. None have trailer tow package. I'm assuming anyone who orders will get a 2013 model, unless for some reason they decide to continue to badge them as '12s.

8weapons 05-18-2012 08:32 PM

So do you guys think Australians will pay $100k for a jeep? The previous model went for around $88 k if I recall correctly. Petrol is getting very expensive in oz and the AUD is a lot stronger than when he first model was released. It will be interesting to see how these sell down under

8weapons 05-20-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Hi Enforcer, thank you so much for shedding some light on the release, do you work for Jeep in Oz by any chance?
How is ORC calculated and what is it made up of?
There are 2 of us waiting since Nov for official prices to be realeased. It was 3 , but the other has decided to purchase a slightly used X5 yesterday when he heard that the Jeep SRT8 could be possibly near $100K. The other is thinking HSV GTS which he can get On Road for $90k. really want more info on this...

Thanks

ENFORCER 05-20-2012 10:00 PM

There are a couple of guys in the "Export Models" section on this forum (this is where the aussies hide out), who have signed for $93k drive away. Even for that money it is 1/2 the cost of an X5M/ML63, so they are still cheap for what you are getting.
Apparently the previous SRT8 Jeep was $103k drive away according to my dealer, he just said it was under that.
The $88,500 price I quoted would include LCT, but not stamp duty or rego, so the $93k is about on the money.
I can get super deals on BMW, but would not consider an X5, as IMHO the Jeep is a nicer car inside. I will be waiting for the 2014 SRT8 die to the bigger screens and the 8sp gearbox and I want a White one.

The release will be in August, due to some BS reason from Jeep, although most dealers will have one next month if Jeep AU release it to the dealers.

I do not work for Jeep, but read a lot about the cars on forums and the press.:p.

8weapons 05-20-2012 10:18 PM

Thanks mate, apreciate the info, will head on over to export models section

8weapons 05-25-2012 09:53 PM

just heard that we wont get them in Oz until Sept/Oct now and still no price...feel sorry for those that have had deposits down since end of last year...jeep aust have already lost a few sales that I know of...shocking way to handle their customers here