Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Extended Warranty (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/extended-warranty-42411.html)

rchung813 05-21-2012 08:49 PM

Extended Warranty

I'm looking into the life time wrap warranty and wanted to know if I need to maintain my Jeep in a certain way? For example I must get all my service performed at a Jeep dealership or keep all my records of oil changes/etc? What if I perform my own oil change and maintenance. Basically what are the caveats ("gotchas").

I'm going through this website for the warranty deals and I don't see what fine print. http://www.eservicecontracts.com/5100wrap.htm

Also everyone says to get a Chrysler warranty since they will use new OEM parts. How can I tell if this is a genuine Chrysler warranty that will use OEM parts?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

peckmv 05-22-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Extended Warranty

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchung813 (Post 632954)
Also everyone says to get a Chrysler warranty since they will use new OEM parts. How can I tell if this is a genuine Chrysler warranty that will use OEM parts?
:)

Not true. They can and will use junk or used parts. Its in the contract. Read before you sign.

Barb107 05-22-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchung813 (Post 632954)
I'm looking into the life time wrap warranty and wanted to know if I need to maintain my Jeep in a certain way? For example I must get all my service performed at a Jeep dealership or keep all my records of oil changes/etc? What if I perform my own oil change and maintenance. Basically what are the caveats ("gotchas").

I'm going through this website for the warranty deals and I don't see what fine print. http://www.eservicecontracts.com/5100wrap.htm

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Wow. You've found a site that'll sell you a Lifetime Max Care with $100 deduct. for $335 less than I found on the Internet. That's very cool.

Just to check/feel good about the authenticity of the website, it says it's from Whittrock Motors in Carroll, Iowa. Call the dealership and talk to the General Manager. That's what I did, and then you'll feel warm and fuzzy about giving them your credit card number.

rchung813 05-22-2012 09:00 AM

Thanks, it just seems like everyone is out to get over on someone to make a buck.

Barb107 05-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchung813 (Post 633146)
Thanks, it just seems like everyone is out to get over on someone to make a buck.

And Jeep Garage is here to help us help each other!

77Cherokee 05-22-2012 05:33 PM

You don't need to have the required maintenance done at a Chrysler dealer but you do need to save the receipts if you or another shop does the work. For the best coverage, get the Maxcare warranty, which covers almost everything and offers roadside assist and trip interruption benefits.

I just bought the 7/70 warranty from Wittrock Motors. If you go ahead with it, ask for Stacy. She was great to deal with.

rchung813 05-22-2012 07:05 PM

Does anyone have a document that spells out the Maxcare warranty in detail?

peckmv 05-22-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchung813 (Post 633404)
Does anyone have a document that spells out the Maxcare warranty in detail?

Just call them and they will email it to you. Thats when I saw they use junk or used parts. Its not mentioned anywhere on thier website.

Jeepleap 05-22-2012 09:02 PM

What exactly are junk parts? How can repair be made with junk?

peckmv 05-23-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepleap (Post 633453)
What exactly are junk parts? How can repair be made with junk?

Parts that are purchased from a junk yard.;)

rustyosaurus 05-23-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Cherokee (Post 633350)
You don't need to have the required maintenance done at a Chrysler dealer but you do need to save the receipts if you or another shop does the work. For the best coverage, get the Maxcare warranty, which covers almost everything and offers roadside assist and trip interruption benefits.

I just bought the 7/70 warranty from Wittrock Motors. If you go ahead with it, ask for Stacy. She was great to deal with.

me too. originally got the 7/70 warranty from wittrock motors then switched it for the 7/85. dealt with stacy each time. she is awesome. eservicecontracts.com is the cheapest right now, except for lifetime max with a 4x4 (extra $100).

Pjd12 06-09-2012 10:16 PM

Can I buy the Lifetime Extended warranty for a WK2 that I buy used or do I have to be the original owner?

Thanks,
Pete