Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/biggest-thing-i-miss-about-the-hemi-42418.html)

jp467 05-21-2012 10:34 PM

Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
I have Had my new Overland 3.6 for about 5 weeks now 2300 miles. When I got it I thought the biggest thing I would miss about the Hemi was the power, but its not. I am fine with the power of the 3.6 its nowhere near the 5.7 but its fine for me. The biggest thing I miss is the sound the hemi sounded good. The 3.6 doesn't have that sound during normal driving its fairly quiet but even if you step on it its just noisy and when its cold its a little noisy but you really don't get that Hemi rumble out of it at all. I just found it interesting that I was worried about the power and now its really the sound that I miss the most. I will say that I really see the difference in gas milege.

armoredsaint 05-21-2012 10:49 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
http://www.falconfriday.com/images/2...torm-flyer.jpg


;)

padgett 05-22-2012 07:46 AM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
The 6-71 and nitro fumes.

muzicman82 05-22-2012 07:52 AM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
I was noticing this difference coming from my '96 ZJ w/ 5.2L V8.

ColoradoJeep 05-22-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Well, BMW is adding a "sound element" to the speakers in new Beemers that create/amplifies the normal engine sound. Soon it will all be a video/audio game!

eibyer 05-22-2012 09:44 AM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoJeep (Post 633156)
Well, BMW is adding a "sound element" to the speakers in new Beemers that create/amplifies the normal engine sound. Soon it will all be a video/audio game!

I was going to say pipe the sound in with the speakers and a shaker for added feel :)

Yadkin 05-22-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 633002)
I have Had my new Overland 3.6 for about 5 weeks now 2300 miles. When I got it I thought the biggest thing I would miss about the Hemi was the power, but its not. I am fine with the power of the 3.6 its nowhere near the 5.7 but its fine for me. The biggest thing I miss is the sound the hemi sounded good. The 3.6 doesn't have that sound during normal driving its fairly quiet but even if you step on it its just noisy and when its cold its a little noisy but you really don't get that Hemi rumble out of it at all. I just found it interesting that I was worried about the power and now its really the sound that I miss the most. I will say that I really see the difference in gas milege.

For the price of about a quart of gas you can take care of the sound issue:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...nerator-review

:lol:

dslide 05-22-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 633217)
For the price of about a quart of gas you can take care of the sound issue:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...nerator-review

:lol:

That is about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... classic.

eibyer 05-22-2012 02:38 PM

Much cheaper than my suggestion! Haha good one.

Nbtstatic 05-22-2012 03:34 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Are you thinking about trading into the WK2 Hemi, again? ;)

SW03ES 05-22-2012 04:01 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoJeep (Post 633156)
Well, BMW is adding a "sound element" to the speakers in new Beemers that create/amplifies the normal engine sound. Soon it will all be a video/audio game!

The new Lexus GS has a box on the intake thats sole purpose is to replicate the "sound of a V8".

Brewster 05-22-2012 07:28 PM

Re: Biggest thing I miss about the Hemi
 
Interesting about the sound. I traded the other way, V6 in December to the Hemi about two weeks ago. It's not as loud as I thought it would be while driving. Where I hear the biggest difference is at idle when at a light, louder but the sound is really nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community