Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Wipers activate at eTag point (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/wipers-activate-at-etag-point-42457.html)

scarps 05-22-2012 09:57 PM

Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Don't recall this previously, but in the last 2 days I have been in Melbourne and when I go under a eTag point, the eTag beeps and the wipers do one wipe.
Don't think it's a critical issue, daresay something to do with computer sensors.
Anyone else come across this?

GlennR 05-22-2012 10:52 PM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 633479)
Don't recall this previously, but in the last 2 days I have been in Melbourne and when I go under a eTag point, the eTag beeps and the wipers do one wipe.
Don't think it's a critical issue, daresay something to do with computer sensors.
Anyone else come across this?

The rain sensor is usually an infra-red beam reflected back from the windscreen. As moisture builds (rain), the beams reflection is distorted, and the more moisture, the worse the reflection the faster the wipers. I wonder if your Etag point has infra-red transmitters at the same point as the radar that communicates to your tag. Maybe there is an IR transmitter for other vehicle types momentarily interfering with the RS wiper beam? Never happened to me.

ENFORCER 05-23-2012 01:04 AM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
I do not know why they would activate the wipers as the toll passes are RFID (radio waves) and should not affect the wipers.
Our wipers have gone off on random occasions, but can never be replicated. We put it down to "Ghost wiping"

GlennR 05-23-2012 01:11 AM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 633577)
I do not know why they would activate the wipers as the toll passes are RFID (radio waves) and should not affect the wipers.
Our wipers have gone off on random occasions, but can never be replicated. We put it down to "Ghost wiping"

Thats what I mentioned, unless there is an IR transmitter at the same toll point. Wonder what would happen if you pointed the TV remote control at the same area on the windscreen?

scarps 05-23-2012 06:28 AM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 633579)
Thats what I mentioned, unless there is an IR transmitter at the same toll point. Wonder what would happen if you pointed the TV remote control at the same area on the windscreen?

Didn't happen today, so yes Ghost. I do have the tag located on the windscreen next to the rain sensor, so it could even be a by product of the tag beep. No biggie.

By the way, tried the tv remote, but the only reaction I got was from the mrs yelling at me that I kept changing her tv channels in the loungeroom:lol:

allypally 05-23-2012 07:17 AM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 633612)
Didn't happen today, so yes Ghost. I do have the tag located on the windscreen next to the rain sensor, so it could even be a by product of the tag beep. No biggie.

By the way, tried the tv remote, but the only reaction I got was from the mrs yelling at me that I kept changing her tv channels in the loungeroom:lol:

Love it

Deserthucker 05-23-2012 08:50 AM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
get a bee over that sensor and it will wipe flat out all day until it is cleaned off.
and the washer does not take that sticky stuff off.
And dust on dirt roads.
I keep mine off now scared it will scratch my windscreen, wiping dry all the time.

GlennR 05-23-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Wipers activate at eTag point
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 633612)
Didn't happen today, so yes Ghost. I do have the tag located on the windscreen next to the rain sensor, so it could even be a by product of the tag beep. No biggie.

By the way, tried the tv remote, but the only reaction I got was from the mrs yelling at me that I kept changing her tv channels in the loungeroom:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:TOPS!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community