Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Windshield tint and adaptive cruise (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/windshield-tint-and-adaptive-cruise-42560.html)

Brainfry 05-25-2012 02:58 PM

Windshield tint and adaptive cruise

Anyone with windshield tint and adaptive cruise have any issues with the forward facing camera? Does ACC still work?

Thanks,

B

ColdCase 05-25-2012 03:35 PM

Re: Windshield tint and adaptive cruise

?? The ACC uses a forward facing radar, the ball under the front bumper. A change in the windshield would have no effect. The rain sensing wipers (and auto headlights and AC control) have sensors under the windshield, however.

JTS97Z28 05-25-2012 04:07 PM

^^^ what he said. Ever notice that big eye ball looking thing on your lower front bumper? lol

jgc4ever 05-25-2012 04:34 PM

Cyclops

Brainfry 05-25-2012 04:47 PM

What's the square camera on the mirror for then? Auto wipers?

ColdCase 05-25-2012 05:06 PM

Thats the rain sensor for the auto wipers or the light sensor for the auto dimming headlights, both of those are in the rear view mirror assembly.

bmrisko 05-25-2012 05:18 PM

No trouble with any of my features and I have my windshield tinted w/ 80%...

Brainfry 05-25-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 634789)
Thats the rain sensor for the auto wipers or the light sensor for the auto dimming headlights, both of those are in the rear view mirror assembly.

Yeah, that's what I thought originally and told the tint guys, but they seemed to think otherwise. At any rate, glad there won't be an issue. :D

Thanks all.

B

rustyosaurus 05-25-2012 06:49 PM

me too - have my windshield tinted 80% and no problems with rain sensing wipers or auto head lights. my installer even put the tint over the black dots because he thought it would be okay (and it has been). love it.

Brainfry 05-25-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyosaurus (Post 634824)
me too - have my windshield tinted 80% and no problems with rain sensing wipers or auto head lights. my installer even put the tint over the black dots because he thought it would be okay (and it has been). love it.

Mine's 50%. With 30% front sides. Just had the windshield done... still drying, etc... the dots shouldn't be a problem, if anything, they'll appear a bit reflective from the front. Overall, it looks pretty badass. The only complaint I have is when wearing polarized sunglasses just about everything looks "iridium" through the film... I can deal.

B

armoredsaint 05-26-2012 11:06 AM

don't drink and post :thumbsup: