Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Does anyone have the base 130 stereo? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/does-anyone-have-the-base-130-stereo-42566.html)

KILOFINAL 05-25-2012 05:07 PM

Does anyone have the base 130 stereo?

I would love to read some comments from owners that have the base 130 stereo. I'm probably going to get a Laredo "E" with the base stereo.

My current volvo has an 11 speaker Dynaudio system which is the best system I have ever experienced so I'm wondering how bad the 130 system could be?

ColdCase 05-25-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Does anyone have the base 130 stereo?

Sound is subjective, perhaps take a test CD into a dealer and try a 130 then either a 430N or 730N.

1stJeepGC 05-28-2012 08:15 AM

If you are used to the Dynaudio speakers and do not like the sound system in the JGC you can always upgrade later. I will be starting my upgrade later this summer, not sure which speakers this time. I had DLS Ultimates in my other car before I brought the JGC and I miss the sound. But I do not miss the other car.

Best for now.:)

KILOFINAL 05-29-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC (Post 635573)
If you are used to the Dynaudio speakers and do not like the sound system in the JGC you can always upgrade later. I will be starting my upgrade later this summer, not sure which speakers this time. I had DLS Ultimates in my other car before I brought the JGC and I miss the sound. But I do not miss the other car.

Best for now.:)

yes, thats a good suggestion. I realize the 130 headunit is a very basic unit, but hopefully upgraded speakers and an amp will sound better.

thanks for the replies

crispy830 05-31-2012 12:13 AM

I have the 130 stereo in my base Laredo and I can honestly say that it is the only thing that I dislike about my Jeep. The stock speakers are not very good, they are flat and become distorted at volumes above 25 or so. The overall sound quality is just really lacking.

I recently changed the 4 main speakers to Alpine S lines and they have already made a huge difference even without an amp. I am planning change the head unit in the near future and possible add an amp which I'm sure will sound great.

KILOFINAL 05-31-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispy830 (Post 636816)
I have the 130 stereo in my base Laredo and I can honestly say that it is the only thing that I dislike about my Jeep. The stock speakers are not very good, they are flat and become distorted at volumes above 25 or so. The overall sound quality is just really lacking.

I recently changed the 4 main speakers to Alpine S lines and they have already made a huge difference even without an amp. I am planning change the head unit in the near future and possible add an amp which I'm sure will sound great.

It's good to hear that changing your speakers made a huge difference. I guess I've been spoiled by the Dynaudio system. Sonically, it's an amazing setup.

If I did buy just a Laredo, changing out the speakers would probably be the first thing I do.