Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Hooligan Behavior (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hooligan-behavior-42574.html)

MikeBoom 05-25-2012 07:51 PM

Hooligan Behavior

I'm proud to say that my GC Overland has reawakened my inner hooligan. At the age of 57, I need all the assurance I can get that my heart still beats. I can ride my BMW moto through the twisties with the best of them, leaving behind the young whippersnappers with an extra eighty horsepower. What I only recently discovered was that the GC was capable of hooliganism, though of a different sort; in the past three days I've found myself "stuck" in traffic that was at a dead standstill twice and opted to off-road out of the jam, climbing over curbs and through ditches to perfect my escape.

A small thing, I know, but I'm delighted to find a new form of antisocial behavior to help me cope with the rigors of the aging process. Just don't tell anyone else about this, okay? :lol:

Xjrguy 05-25-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Hooligan Behavior

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBoom (Post 634850)
I'm proud to say that my GC Overland has reawakened my inner hooligan. At the age of 57, I need all the assurance I can get that my heart still beats. I can ride my BMW moto through the twisties with the best of them, leaving behind the young whippersnappers with an extra eighty horsepower. What I only recently discovered was that the GC was capable of hooliganism, though of a different sort; in the past three days I've found myself "stuck" in traffic that was at a dad standstill twice and opted to off-road out of the jam, climbing over curbs and through ditches to perfect my escape.

A small thing, I know, but I'm delighted to find a new form of antisocial behavior to help me cope with the rigors of the aging process. Just don't tell anyone else about this, okay? :lol:

Haha I nominate for post of the year.

I took my 2012 up thru Mulholland Drive in Sport mode today and was pretty impressed with it in the curves. The 6 spd is great at keeping the V8 in the power band.

Jmarcher 05-26-2012 03:50 AM

Post of the year for sure. Haha

2011hemigc4me 05-26-2012 08:00 AM

I too enjoy..such endeavors The other day there was a small tree down blocking a highway entrance with a hand full of car stuck. Me being the sterotipical jeep owner became frustrated and jumped the curve and over the small tree. The onlookers I'm sure where saying "look at this a--" lol

dubwarren 05-26-2012 09:11 AM

I love it

77Cherokee 05-26-2012 11:30 AM

Hey MikeBoom. You are never too old to think young. Have fun but be safe. :thumbsup:

AAAA 05-26-2012 01:00 PM

This type of behavior leads to drug and alcohol abuse, tatoos and pregnant teenagers.

06HemiWK 05-26-2012 01:02 PM

tread lightly

Lingohocken 05-26-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 635053)
This type of behavior leads to drug and alcohol abuse, tatoos and pregnant teenagers.

Thought we needed all that to become Jeep owners! :lol:

bit50 05-26-2012 06:01 PM

Awesome!!

Yesterday I to displayed "hooliganism". Was waiting in a long line for people to make a uturn. Rather then wait for my turn at the proper turn out, as soon as traffic cleared I jumped the curb made my u turn. Saved myself about 5 minutes of waiting. Well worth it in my opinion :D

Richpearl 05-26-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBoom (Post 634850)
I'm proud to say that my GC Overland has reawakened my inner hooligan. At the age of 57, I need all the assurance I can get that my heart still beats. I can ride my BMW moto through the twisties with the best of them, leaving behind the young whippersnappers with an extra eighty horsepower. What I only recently discovered was that the GC was capable of hooliganism, though of a different sort; in the past three days I've found myself "stuck" in traffic that was at a dead standstill twice and opted to off-road out of the jam, climbing over curbs and through ditches to perfect my escape.

Just another vote for post of the year! Great laugh, Mike. I guess as we age our hooliganism just becomes craftier.

Rich

fljeepleo 05-27-2012 09:11 AM

YOU ANIMALS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk