Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/your-opinion-on-dual-exhaust-w-v6-42587.html)

bigpanda 05-26-2012 08:26 AM

Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
Ok, I've seen youtubes of V6s with Borla and Magnaflow and they sound pretty good. Not as good as with V8 though, honestly.

I'm trying to do something with my exhaust either for just replacing current Overland tip with custom dual tip or replacing OEM one with Magna/Borla or custom dual.

But for those of you who replaced their V6 exhausts with Magnaflow or OEM V8 exhaust, beside better sound and look, do you feel any performance gain? Any thougt will be appreciated. Thanks.

FYI, I'm currently running with Airaid w/ high oct gas.

lc-150 05-26-2012 10:08 PM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 634955)
Ok, I've seen youtubes of V6s with Borla and Magnaflow and they sound pretty good. Not as good as with V8 though, honestly.

I'm trying to do something with my exhaust either for just replacing current Overland tip with custom dual tip or replacing OEM one with Magna/Borla or custom dual.

But for those of you who replaced their V6 exhausts with Magnaflow or OEM V8 exhaust, beside better sound and look, do you feel any performance gain? Any thougt will be appreciated. Thanks.

I havent tried on the jeep buy honestly i have never experienced a gain in power or performance with just the exhaust. In a 300hp's engine, 5 more is not something you can feel.

I will go anyway for the upgrade. The tip you choose depends on the "tuning" felling you want.

Scottina06 05-26-2012 10:19 PM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
I have the magnaflow and I think it sounds good

bigpanda 05-27-2012 12:43 AM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 635175)
I have the magnaflow and I think it sounds good

Do you notice any booming during normal driving? And any even slight performance difference?

KustomRider8 05-27-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
I have the Magnaflow dual in/out muffler on.
at idle its decent...sounds good at WOT

I will actually have this set up taken out within the next week, if your looking for something. we could work something out.

let me know.

bigpanda 05-27-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KustomRider8 (Post 635222)
I have the Magnaflow dual in/out muffler on.
at idle its decent...sounds good at WOT

I will actually have this set up taken out within the next week, if your looking for something. we could work something out.

let me know.

Can I ask you why your'e taking it out?

Scottina06 05-27-2012 02:46 AM

Re: Your opinion on dual exhaust w/ V6
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 635219)
Do you notice any booming during normal driving? And any even slight performance difference?

do you mean droning? No. The vehicle came with the exhaust...so I cant tell you if there was a performance difference. I did notice a difference when I added the airaid to mine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community