Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered WK Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/)
-   -   exhaust again? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/exhaust-again-42720.html)

sshaughn 05-29-2012 10:28 PM

exhaust again?

I know the forum has discussed how an aftermarket exhaust For the Jeep WK Diesel has little to no gain. Update on the Magnaflow, they are making a DPF back 3 1/2" (not 3") mandrel bent tubing with a muffler. So my question is MBRP makes a DPF back 3" Tubing with no muffler. So bigger tubing with muffler or smaller tubing without muffler? Any thoughts?

kennzz05 06-02-2012 04:00 AM

Re: exhaust again?

disco the current setup just to see what it sounds like unmuffled than go from there

speedtriple1 12-09-2012 08:03 PM

i just added a Dynomax stainless system to my 07. i dont think i gained anything as far as power or sound went it does get the exhaust past the vehicle so that when i sit at a light i dont get the exhaust in the cabin.

Rainier 12-30-2012 04:04 AM

I gutted the dpf and cat and removed the rear muffler, fitted a nice tip and did the GDE upgrade. My CRD now sounds awesome, you can hear the V6 rumble, my friend says it sounds like a 360 Modena under full throttle....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jjt250 01-01-2013 02:42 PM

You got no lights after gutting the cat? You should get a video if you can! :thumbsup:

Also did you go with the hot tune or the eco tune?

xtrail3 01-18-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainier (Post 730228)
I gutted the dpf and cat and removed the rear muffler, fitted a nice tip and did the GDE upgrade. My CRD now sounds awesome, you can hear the V6 rumble, my friend says it sounds like a 360 Modena under full throttle....

Would definitely like to see the mod and hear this rumble if possible :thumbsup:.

Rainier 01-26-2013 07:02 AM

Hi peeps. I had the ECO tune and now run the HOT tune. Had a guy ask me the other day if it is a V8 diesel. No lights with the cat gutted. Will post a video over the weekend.

gigi_boy_156 01-26-2013 07:56 AM

Rainer, that would be very interesting and cool.

Since I've ordered the new GC '14 Diesel here in Switzerland, I' very amused about 'tuning-tips' for the Diesel engine.

jjt250 01-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainier (Post 747929)
Hi peeps. I had the ECO tune and now run the HOT tune. Had a guy ask me the other day if it is a V8 diesel. No lights with the cat gutted. Will post a video over the weekend.

That would be awesome to hear. How is the power on the HOT tune vs the ECO tune? Is it even worth getting the ECO tune? What's your mileage comparing the two? Thanks Rainier!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi_boy_156 (Post 747944)
Rainer, that would be very interesting and cool.

Since I've ordered the new GC '14 Diesel here in Switzerland, I' very amused about 'tuning-tips' for the Diesel engine.

Your 2014 GC Diesel is not a Mercedes diesel so these tunes will not work with your vehicle.

zlartibartfast 02-19-2013 09:05 AM

I prefer to keep the emissions control systems in working order, so I still have the cat and dpf on my '07. However, when I put the 3" MBRP kit on, I did get better economy and smoother sifting. My wife really noticed it, but did not object to it being a bit louder.

The factory exhaust on the WK CRD is actually pretty good, so improvements are subtle.

the GDE Eco Tune was by far the biggest upgrade, but the MBRP exhaust is visible and adds a nice touch

jjt250 02-26-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainier (Post 747929)

Hey Rainier, did you ever get a video? Have you had any problems with excessive diesel smell?

TurboDiesel 04-16-2013 11:14 PM

i got my dpf deleted
eco tune
resonator chopped off

dont know how much the cat delete/hot tune would change it but i love it!

wish i knew where to get a cat delete lol