Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Shark fin installed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/shark-fin-installed-42827.html)

vincekim9 06-02-2012 03:57 AM

Shark fin installed

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 14041 Attachment 14042

I just installed "Mark II VG Shark fin". Fast shipping from US paid US$81 inc postage.
GPS, Radio all good... 10 minutes enough.

ENFORCER 06-02-2012 08:11 AM

Re: Shark fin installed

Ours is sill going strong after 9 months outside and being washed about 8 times

allypally 06-02-2012 04:18 PM

8 washes in 9 months?
Shame... Shame.... Shame...

ENFORCER 06-02-2012 05:10 PM

I thought I would get some flack for that statement.
Would it help if I said I have cleaned the interior about 30 times ?
The car lives outside all the time, so with all the rain Sydney has had, I have not really needed to wash it.

For anyone who is doing the sharkfin, make sure you clean the roof with some prepsol first and ensure you do press it down for a full minute. I put a phone book on mine for a couple of hours to ensure a clean and hard bond of the double sided tape.

vincekim9 06-03-2012 04:01 AM

I agree need good clean the roof first, I used Windex with microfiber towel.
Also need Hair dryer for strong attachement.
Just finished first car wash this morning.. still good.

GlennR 06-12-2012 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picky of mine just completed over lunchtime. Prepped the area with Prepsol. Definitely recomend the use of masking tape for alignment. You truly have one chance of getting it right because the adhesive tape is like you know what to a blanket! Also used a drop of loctite thread seal on the suppled screw. On hindsight, I would recomend a split washer with the supplied flat washer....just in case the screw ever decided to come loose over time. No issues with the radio. Looks great!! Fuel economy is now around 5l/100 due to it's aerodynamic shape:cool:

allypally 06-12-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 642613)
Here's a picky of mine just completed over lunchtime. Prepped the area with Prepsol. Definitely recomend the use of masking tape for alignment. You truly have one chance of getting it right because the adhesive tape is like you know what to a blanket! Also used a drop of loctite thread seal on the suppled screw. On hindsight, I would recomend a split washer with the supplied flat washer....just in case the screw ever decided to come loose over time. No issues with the radio. Looks great!! Fuel economy is now around 5l/100 due to it's aerodynamic shape:cool:

WoW! 5L/100 ? Must be that assisting inbuilt jet motor in the fin. :lol: I assume it uses more fuel on corners, as the air passing it needs to be pushed sideways.

It does look neat though.

savvas 06-12-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 642613)

How much does it improve straight line stability?

GlennR 06-13-2012 12:08 AM

Much better in a straight line. Never thought about increase drag when cornering so I have just added a rudder..:p

savvas 06-13-2012 12:48 AM

As long as you stay upright and it doesnt end up acting like a keel you should be fine

:thumbsup:

They do look good though. I might get one later on.

GlennR 06-13-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 642635)
As long as you stay upright and it doesnt end up acting like a keel you should be fine

:thumbsup:

They do look good though. I might get one later on.

Next venture might be the pucker stainless sill guards. Can't help feeling the painted sills are a little exposed and are going to scratch in no time. They are less than half the price from the US as they are over here and thats delivered!!

savvas 06-13-2012 05:57 AM

I'm not too crazy about those sill guards. I'm thinking about getting 3M protection film instead. ...

http://www.ozishield.com.au/products.asp?cat=802