Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   problems since day one... disappointed jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/problems-since-day-one-disappointed-jeep-42938.html)

mash 06-04-2012 08:51 AM

problems since day one... disappointed jeep

i bought a brand new GC SRT8 about 5 weeks ago and its been trouble since day one. the car has about 1,000 miles on it...

1- the front bumper have not been fitted properly and there is a noticeable gap between the right side headlight and the bumper.

2- same thing with the right side finder flare or what ever you call it its not fitted properly and there is a gap between the finder an the flare.

3- the air condition is not all that and it get worse when stoping in traffic lights(my other american and Japanese cars are miles away in that manner).

4- a weird rattling noise when over speed bumps comes from the back side of the car.

5- worst for last a noisy very loud weird scratching noise comes from the left front side of the car when turning right and gets louder with speed.

the car has been in the dealer for about teen days and guess what ... they don't know what the cause of the left side noise till now and either the mother company jeep ..... 65,000$ what a joke !!!!!!

Mongoose9400 06-04-2012 08:54 AM

1-4 have been covered many times. As for your 5, can you elaborate more?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

mash 06-04-2012 09:11 AM

Re: problems since day one... disappointed jeep

i dont know how to describe it ,its like something is in contact with something else wile turning.steeper the turn,hire the speed,louder the noise !!!

Mongoose9400 06-04-2012 09:28 AM

Only makes the sound when turning right? No sound when turning left?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

mash 06-04-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 638720)
Only makes the sound when turning right? No sound when turning left?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

only when turning right .. !!!

Mongoose9400 06-04-2012 09:49 AM

Maybe a wheel bearing on the front left? Could jack the jeep up and see off the wheel has play. If this was the case I assume the dealer would of found it though?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

mash 06-04-2012 10:12 AM

already mentioned that to the dealer ... man they better fix it by Wednesday.

mash 06-04-2012 10:19 AM

BTW did anyone report a/c problems ? you said its been covered.
how is yours doin ?

Mongoose9400 06-04-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mash (Post 638739)
BTW did anyone report a/c problems ? you said its been covered.
how is yours doin ?

I haven't seen A/C specifically for the WK2, but with the WK1. I assume a similar situation. Some reported that wrapping the AC lines with insulation help. As for my AC, I don't have any issues with it. Yes, it works better while moving, but it still keeps me cool. It's been high 90's to low 100's in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Saudi.SRT8 06-04-2012 05:38 PM

Hey there mash ....
Sorry to hear about the problems ,

as mongoose stated 1-2-4 have been coverd many times . But beeing in saudi arabia and you have to deal with the worst dealer in the world (UMC), i don't know if they would say that these are warranty issues .

#3 the AC works fine in the WK2 (non srt's) that i rode in , infact it was realy good and it was 48C as usual.
There are couple of members here from our area you could ask them about the AC ( Evil from dubai ) and a guy from kuwait (forgot his name) .

I'll be at the dealer wednesday morning in riyadh and i'll snap a pic of the car while u drive with a smile on your face inshallah :)

mash 06-05-2012 07:55 AM

hey there ...

i dare them to say such a thing about whats on and whats not on the warranty. as a matter of fact i have returned a 100,000$ car before and tock my money back for something far far less then what i described.
the department of commerce(Consumer Protection) + lawsuit + time = money back
anyway contacted me today and claimed that they fixed every single thing so will see.
new bumper , new fender flare , re flushed the A/c , software update for rattling noise , fixed the wired noise coming from the left front side.
hopefully they did there job right cuz tomorrow is the first day of a week vacation and i really miss my srt ... BTW im in jeddah man :)

Saudi.SRT8 06-06-2012 02:00 PM

Good to hear that every thing is fixed...

waitting for the feedback after the Vacation :)