Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Throttle Body Bored to 85mm today! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/throttle-body-bored-to-85mm-today-42954.html)

Combat 06-04-2012 03:33 PM

Throttle Body Bored to 85mm today!

Hello all, its been a while since I've posted. Today I am having my stock 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee throttle body bored to 84 1/2 to 85mm by trinity racing in southern california. Although they do not work on Jeep throttle bodies they said they would give me a pretty good deal on price, so i let them do it (expecting I am gonna get better performance for my Jeep ). My question is there anything I should watch out for or expect or expect to do after I get my throttle body back from them? meaning will I need to port match? or even get a custom tune? or should my Jeep start up and run fine after reinstalling the 85 mm throttle body? Just a little worried never done this before and I really don't want to mess up a Jeep Im still paying on.

Oh, and should I have them port match the throttle body spacer?

Thanks in advance Jeepers!!

Mods: K&N 77 series CAI, Magna Flow Exhaust system, Jet Flow Throttle Body Spacer, Diablo Sport Trinity 91 performance tune

Escape 06-04-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Throttle Body Bored to 85mm today!

Use the throttle body spacer as a paper weight. Do not reinstall it.

Other than that it should run fine. Under WOT it will be a bit leaner, but since it is fat from the factory you should be fine. If you notice any issues, datalog and get a custom tune as you now have more air flow than your mapped for.

JRHEMI 06-05-2012 10:04 PM

I have a question for you about your diablosport trinity, when acelerate in P or in N, does it make all the rpms ? or just get's like in 4500, I have the same program and it only makes 4500 rpms in N or in P ut, i seems that when running it pens better

Escape 06-05-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHEMI (Post 639493)
I have a question for you about your diablosport trinity, when acelerate in P or in N, does it make all the rpms ? or just get's like in 4500, I have the same program and it only makes 4500 rpms in N or in P ut, i seems that when running it pens better

The 4,500 RPM limit is there so you don't over-rev the engine and hurt it when it is not under a load.

Do not adjust the Park or Neutral rev limiter!

dmsfun 06-28-2012 09:46 AM

If they do variable diameter porting of your TB, so it is stock diameter at the opening and gradually increases to 85 mm, it will run great on a stock tune. If they just port it out to 85 mm, you will need a tuner, and either datalog and tune it yourself, or get a CMR tune on a dyno; this will set you back about $1.000 for the Predator and cmr dyno tune. I'd be leary about going with a company who's never doen one before. I got the dyno tested, well proven Modern Muscle CNC ported 85 mm with variable porting, which is a great bolt on.