Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Parts on order... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/parts-on-order-42968.html)

01grand 06-04-2012 09:49 PM

Parts on order...

:eek:Picked up/ordered some new parts today. New transmission shift solenoid block from electricaladvantage.net, Transgo HD-2 shift kit, plus new filters and fluid for the transmission. I have been having very intermittent transmission troubles including code P0750 which causes the jeep to go into limp mode. However it has been happening frequently lately, once last friday, 2x saturday, and 3x this morning, the 2nd and 3rd time almost immediately after shifting into drive. So, its finally time to replace the solenoid block. I cleaned up and double checked all my wiring a few months ago, so its finally time to replace the solenoid block. Thanks to Frank for a good place to buy the solenoid, and Dave for the idea to install the shift kit while I'm in there. Pics and details to come as my parts come in. :cool:

Tanner505 06-04-2012 11:46 PM

Re: Parts on order...

did you get the shift kit from the same site because i cant find it

01grand 06-05-2012 09:11 AM

I got the shift kit through summitracing.com.

Martyp 06-05-2012 10:37 AM

Aaron, how much of a PITA is it to install the Transgo HD-2 kit and does it actually make that much of a difference to the tranny?

I got my fluid in there changed 10k ago so it's not exactly needing done but if it firms up the somewhat sloppy shifts that would be sweet.

Going to upgrade to a stage 3 Sharadon Performance tranny next year anyway but if its worth the $50 + cost of fluid/filters I may go for it in the mean time. :thumbsup:

01grand 06-05-2012 10:43 AM

If you plan on changing the tranny its probably not worth it. The superchips already firms up the shifts pretty good along with the TM snip, but according to Dave I will end up laying in a ditch:eek: if I don't do the transgo as long as I'm in there, so I ordered it just to be safe! I will let you know once its installed, but Dave seems to think pretty highly of it.

Martyp 06-05-2012 10:53 AM

Hmm, I don't run the superchips any more, moved on up to SCT with FRP. I haven't asked him yet but I'm not sure if the SCT can edit the TCM. I done the TM snip and for a free mod it does make a difference at WOT.

Definitely let me know how easy it was to install and the results though - not that I'd get my hands dirty but can guage a labour time. :)

01grand 06-05-2012 11:45 AM

From my understanding, there are 2 parts to the kit. One is parts for the valve body that you get at through the pan, the other is some snap rings for the oil pump that requires dropping the tranny. But the pump parts don't have to be done with the valve body parts.

cheapjeep 06-05-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 639225)
Hmm, I don't run the superchips any more, moved on up to SCT with FRP. I haven't asked him yet but I'm not sure if the SCT can edit the TCM. I done the TM snip and for a free mod it does make a difference at WOT.

Definitely let me know how easy it was to install and the results though - not that I'd get my hands dirty but can guage a labour time. :)

It's not bad Marty. I did it in a couple of hours and I'm an idiot:D

P.S. I'm not telling you any more till you tell us how you get those fine young females to drape all over your Jeep all the time!

cheapjeep 06-05-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 639222)
If you plan on changing the tranny its probably not worth it. The superchips already firms up the shifts pretty good along with the TM snip, but according to Dave I will end up laying in a ditch:eek: if I don't do the transgo as long as I'm in there, so I ordered it just to be safe! I will let you know once its installed, but Dave seems to think pretty highly of it.

No bro you misunderstood. I said if you KEEP listening to me you'll end up laying in the ditch!:lol: Good luck with the install bud. Remember what I said about a good Phillips screw driver. If you need anything give me a shout. Also I run the resistor and the Superchips tune together for over a year now so i would say put it in.

01grand 06-05-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 639322)
No bro you misunderstood. I said if you KEEP listening to me you'll end up laying in the ditch!:lol: Good luck with the install bud. Remember what I said about a good Phillips screw driver. If you need anything give me a shout. Also I run the resistor and the Superchips tune together for over a year now so i would say put it in.

Sounds good! Shift kit and oil should come tomorrow, already picked up the filters, just waiting for the star of the show! So far I like the nice neat package that they have at electricaladvantage.com but they seem a little slow in processing orders. Wish I had the time and tools to drop the tranny and put upgraded oil pump parts on too, maybe another time.

Martyp 06-05-2012 04:19 PM

Hmmm, I might just go for it if it only takes a few hours.

Looking to fit a trans temp gauge soon which will involve dropping the pan to fit the bung & sensor so would kinda be a waste not to add it whilst in there anyway right?

Oh Dave, the power of Photoshop and 5 spare minutes... :D

Frango100 06-05-2012 08:06 PM

There is already a transmission temperature sensor installed on the transmission range sensor, which is part of the transmission solenoid module.
Wonder if it would be possible to use this same signal for a temperature indicator? With the right scan tool you can at least see the actual temperature.