Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Trailer hitch option. Anyone added it? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/trailer-hitch-option-anyone-added-it-42990.html)

HAMMMERHEAD 06-05-2012 11:29 AM

Trailer hitch option. Anyone added it?

Hey guys. Im looking for some trailer hitch info so I can add it. Im needing part numbers for the hitch, wiring harness and the extended rear bumper cover. It seems I can find no one that has this info, including the SRT HOTLINE ! The Hotline said the 2012 SRT* doesnt even come with a hitch option. Geez

P-Dawger 06-05-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Trailer hitch option. Anyone added it?

Milous will have all that info for you I am sure - shoot him a PM or email

HAMMMERHEAD 06-05-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dawger (Post 639292)
Milous will have all that info for you I am sure - shoot him a PM or email

thanks Pdawger. I sent him a pm. I recieved the part number for everything, but there is a question whether a Bezel is needed to cover the bottom of the hitch itself. Im not talking about the little SRT labled bezel cover to go over the hitch reciever itself, but a fairing piece that directs air and covers the full hitch. I hoping its the same one that is used for a non Tow equipped one, but it probably isnt. Man, I had no idea this would be this much of an issue adding the Tow package or I would have driven out of state to buy one with the Tow package. My dealer is crawdadding saying they agreed to bolt a hitch on the back, but not all the plastics and what is needed for this speciality GC. I cant believe they thought they would just bolt on a reciever on like it was a basic truck or something and just leave the ass end uncovered and unfinished. On top of all the body cladding flaws, Im not really thrilled at this point.

P-Dawger 06-05-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 639343)
thanks Pdawger. I sent him a pm. I recieved the part number for everything, but there is a question whether a Bezel is needed to cover the bottom of the hitch itself. Im not talking about the little SRT labled bezel cover to go over the hitch reciever itself, but a fairing piece that directs air and covers the full hitch. I hoping its the same one that is used for a non Tow equipped one, but it probably isnt. Man, I had no idea this would be this much of an issue adding the Tow package or I would have driven out of state to buy one with the Tow package. My dealer is crawdadding saying they agreed to bolt a hitch on the back, but not all the plastics and what is needed for this speciality GC. I cant believe they thought they would just bolt on a reciever on like it was a basic truck or something and just leave the ass end uncovered and unfinished. On top of all the body cladding flaws, Im not really thrilled at this point.

I hear ya - I added a tow package on a spur of the moment decision for a ZJ back in the day...it was actually pretty easy to add, wiring wise most stuff is there. Not sure about the bezel.

I think all the little things that are a PIA now will fade once you get things worked out, ...I am on the fence waiting to pull the trigger on the S/C when/if it comes out and if it is not ridiculous $$

I miss my 06 SRT8 - probably the toughest vehicle I have ever owned and best all around. I hope the new ones are the same...

HAMMMERHEAD 06-05-2012 05:39 PM

I would dig a S/C version as well Pdawger. I was on the fence lloking at a 2010 X5M and almost pulled the trigger, I just couldnt get past spending that much on something used plus all the maintenace thats involved with most Bimmers. My mom has a regular X5 and a 7 series and I can say the extended warranties are a must once you get a few miles on them. Besides, I dont want to look like a poser....I would much rather be in a Jeep.

I must say this new Jeep is a blast to drive. I have not found anything I really, really dislike yet. Im not a huge guy, but the seats are a little tight and very firm. It commands attention from its beefy, sucked to the ground stance. Most people think its all custom add ons and dont even know it came that way from the factory. SRT did good this round and I hope I can get the cosmetic bugs fixed quickly.

hoffmanestates 06-05-2012 05:57 PM

it should the srt8 at schaumburg il Jeep has the tow package and leather panoramic roof package making it 65,000$

Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

Mongoose9400 06-05-2012 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't need the other bezel with the tow package. Just the new SRT labeled bezel cover. Another member on the red site added the tow after the fact. The only issue was needing the new SRT labeled tow bezel as it sticks out further to accommodate the hitch.

If you would, post up all that's needed with the correct/verified part numbers for others :) I'm thinking of adding one later on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

HAMMMERHEAD 06-05-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 639392)
I'm pretty sure you don't need the other bezel with the tow package. Just the new SRT labeled bezel cover. Another member on the red site added the tow after the fact. The only issue was needing the new SRT labeled tow bezel as it sticks out further to accommodate the hitch.

If you would, post up all that's needed with the correct/verified part numbers for others :) I'm thinking of adding one later on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Man that would be great if I didnt need the larger bezel.
Here is the part list:

Receiver 82212180AB $241
Wire harness 82212196AB $103
Small bezel (SRT Receiver cover) 68157472AA $167

The part below is the bezel that I hope you dont have to change. SRT will hopoefully tell me tomorrow If it has to be.

Large Bezel 68157471AB $315

12Jeep 06-05-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 639401)
Man that would be great if I didnt need the larger bezel.
Here is the part list:

Receiver 82212180AB $241
Wire harness 82212196AB $103
Small bezel (SRT Receiver cover) 68157472AA $167

The part below is the bezel that I hope you dont have to change. SRT will hopoefully tell me tomorrow If it has to be.

Large Bezel 68157471AB $315

I think the smaller bezel cover will work if it is the one with SRT stamped on it. PM recdog, he should have the accurate parts list since he already added the hitch.

EviL 06-06-2012 09:25 PM

same question here, am not here to tow stuff with my SRT but i kinda dig the bezel that has the SRT stamp on it, so which one is it????

and is it easy to install??

Scottina06 06-06-2012 09:52 PM

dont wait on srt service...call justforjeeps at 1888651-jeep. They will get you squared away. ask for peter.

HAMMMERHEAD 06-07-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 639992)
dont wait on srt service...call justforjeeps at 1888651-jeep. They will get you squared away. ask for peter.

Thanks Scott.

Yeah, the SRT Hotline is a joke. Those guys are hand holders and not SRT Techs. They still have not called me back to verify what is needed. I had to inform them that this years model had a hitch. The guy told me they didnt offer a hitch for 2012. Nothing worse than knowing more about a product than the person that works for the manu and is assigned to help you.....much less a so called "expert" that gives you incorrect info.