Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   It just died (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/it-just-died-43020.html)

gsingh55 06-05-2012 09:38 PM

It just died

Im sitting on the side of the road.
Called AAA to come tow my ass off the parkway.
Not a happy camper right now-
2011 JGC Should not die.
I have full tank of gas.
DrivIng and it started jerking/shuddering at 60MPH.
Ease off the accelerator and it feels ok then press gas and it doesn't go-
I have the peddle floored and nothing-
Not even revving high-
Then it just dies on me.
I try to restart and it idles rough then dies again.
WTF.

Escape 06-05-2012 11:07 PM

Re: It just died

Any engine codes?

I imagine you will see a crank or cam position sensor code.

gsingh55 06-05-2012 11:15 PM

Had it towed to dealer.
Will be there in the morning and find out what codes pop up-
The check engine light did illuminate eventually.

jp467 06-05-2012 11:25 PM

Fuel pump maybe? How many miles on it?

JTS97Z28 06-05-2012 11:31 PM

Keep us posted. I see you have the 5.7, but I woulid still be curious even though I have a V6 in my 2012. Goodluck with everything and hopefully the dealership gets it straightened out quickly for you.

James

gsingh55 06-06-2012 11:05 AM

Yup it was the Fuel Pump-
I only have 20,556 miles on it.

jp467 06-06-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsingh55 (Post 639693)
Yup it was the Fuel Pump-
I only have 20,556 miles on it.

It sounded like a fuel pump. Normally if its a sensor or something it won't just quit on you.

JTS97Z28 06-07-2012 10:39 AM

Fuel pump failure at 20,000 miles, that aint right. Hope this was just a fluke thing.

gsingh55 06-08-2012 11:59 AM

WOW!
got a call from Jeep yesterday saying they got the Fuel Pump but needed to order a second piece- a brace or something... (why not order it all together?) said I would have it today-
They just called me back and said the new fuel pump they installed is bad too so the jeep still isn't starting and now they need to order a second Fuel pump for me and that means I won't have my Jeep back till Monday or Tuesday.
WTF
Cheap ass parts is the norm now?

EDIT-I should add they just called me again and said the part is on back order but they found it at some dealer in New Jersey who is willing to give it to them so a driver is going to pick it up-
in the meantime they are giving me a JGC rental (free) for up to 5 days - so at least they are making good with me having a ride this weekend.
still sucks though.

AAAA 06-08-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsingh55 (Post 640654)
WOW!
got a call from Jeep yesterday saying they got the Fuel Pump but needed to order a second piece- a brace or something... (why not order it all together?) said I would have it today-
They just called me back and said the new fuel pump they installed is bad too so the jeep still isn't starting and now they need to order a second Fuel pump for me and that means I won't have my Jeep back till Monday or Tuesday.
WTF
Cheap ass parts is the norm now?

EDIT-I should add they just called me again and said the part is on back order but they found it at some dealer in New Jersey who is willing to give it to them so a driver is going to pick it up-
in the meantime they are giving me a JGC rental (free) for up to 5 days - so at least they are making good with me having a ride this weekend.
still sucks though.

Hard to believe. Perhaps they broke it during installation as they apparently are not too familiar with the part (or anything under the hood!).