Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   Upgraded front sway bar bushings? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/upgraded-front-sway-bar-bushings-43075.html)

TJXJWJ 06-07-2012 11:19 AM

Upgraded front sway bar bushings?

Since this forum is such a wealth of knowledge, I figured I'd ask here first...

I got the Energy Suspension greaseable rear sway bar bushings for my WJ and plan on installing soon. The next step is to do the front but I have not seen anything comparable to the Energy Suspension parts for the front end. Currently I'm running the stock stamped ones with a hole drilled through them and tapped for a zerk, but would like to know if anyone here has found anything else out there. I'm running an Addco front sway bar and am getting new links soon and hope to be able to do everything all at once if there is such a thing as "off the shelf" greaseable front sway bar bushings for WJ. :confused:

TJXJWJ 06-07-2012 11:32 AM

Re: Upgraded front sway bar bushings?

Specifically, I'm looking at http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-9-5165G/

but not only do they appear to be less beefy than stock, I still have to check all the measurements to see if bolt holes will line up. If I remember correctly the front bolts are pretty seriously sized. I don't want to weaken what's already there, that's for sure.

cheapjeep 06-08-2012 08:26 PM

Hey Tony Advance has a lot of the Energy greaseable bushings in stock for about the same price. You could go take a hands on look and compare.

TJXJWJ 06-08-2012 10:11 PM

Yeah, I'll give that shot because the one I have linked is definitely not going to work. Thanks brotha..

01grand 06-15-2012 09:36 AM

I briefly looked at greaseable ones like you are but wasn't sure what would fit. I recently ended up swapping the factory bushings back in instead of the ones that came with the addco. I figure if they didn't squeak for the first 140k miles.... Would the different material affect sway bar handling much or am I thinking too far into it?

TJXJWJ 06-15-2012 09:44 AM

Good question...I would think it would, but maybe not enough to matter. You'd know best at this point. I seem to remember the bushing itself being pretty simple in shape. If I get around to it (or if it really starts to annoy me enough) I might remove one, trace it out and take dimensions of just the bushing and see what I can find. The mounts are going to be impossible to find aftermarket I think.

cheapjeep 06-15-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 643600)
Good question...I would think it would, but maybe not enough to matter. You'd know best at this point. I seem to remember the bushing itself being pretty simple in shape. If I get around to it (or if it really starts to annoy me enough) I might remove one, trace it out and take dimensions of just the bushing and see what I can find. The mounts are going to be impossible to find aftermarket I think.

I got a surplus of toxic green material.Want some?:D

TJXJWJ 06-16-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 643893)
I got a surplus of toxic green material.Want some?:D

Hahaha, thanks for the offer Dave, but I want to keep my distance from that stuff. I do t want to end up growing scales and a tail

01grand 06-16-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 643600)

I guess if there is any difference I haven't noticed it. If you find a good grease able one though I would probably change mine out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk