Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730 RHR Skipping in the Hard Drive Mode (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730-rhr-skipping-in-the-hard-drive-mode-43079.html)

craigdh57 06-07-2012 12:35 PM

730 RHR Skipping in the Hard Drive Mode

I have a 2012 GC Trail Rated Summit 4x4. The problem is with the 730 RHR skipping in the Hard Drive Mode… like a licorice pizza, old school 33 1/3.
I downloaded 16 GB to the HD via USB, iTunes in two separate downloading sessions. The only problem has been cutting the last few seconds off some songs. It does the same thing in my 2012 SRT8 Challenger w/ the same 730 RHR.
On a long trip to Lake Tahoe from So Ca, 8.5 hours, the HD started to skip on flat road. Never in the same place. You can pause a song, back it up, or start it over and goes though fine. I understand garbage in garbage out, as far as the download, but that not want is happing here. It doesn’t happen more frequently off road. It’s totally random. Any thoughts???
Is this an old style HD or Solid State HD?

Andrew Klossner 06-08-2012 11:35 AM

Re: 730 RHR Skipping in the Hard Drive Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdh57 (Post 640215)

It's an old style rotating disc, designed with extra shock protection for automotive use. The signaling is all digital so it's not a simple matter of the head skipping a track like a phonograph. But the fact that it skips means your head unit is defective. Get the dealer to replace it.

*sox* 06-08-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

I have a 2012 GC Trail Rated Summit 4x4. The problem is with the 730 RHR skipping in the Hard Drive Mode… like a licorice pizza, old school 33 1/3.
I downloaded 16 GB to the HD via USB, iTunes in two separate downloading sessions. The only problem has been cutting the last few seconds off some songs. It does the same thing in my 2012 SRT8 Challenger w/ the same 730 RHR.
On a long trip to Lake Tahoe from So Ca, 8.5 hours, the HD started to skip on flat road. Never in the same place. You can pause a song, back it up, or start it over and goes though fine. I understand garbage in garbage out, as far as the download, but that not want is happing here. It doesn’t happen more frequently off road. It’s totally random. Any thoughts???

you must remove the copyprotection from itunesfiles.

Paul 92688 06-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Check if the music is a VBR ( variable bit rate file ) that issue occurred on my RHR and deleting the VBR music and replacing with a constant bit rate fixed it.

Paul

Andrew Klossner 06-11-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul 92688 (Post 641153)
Check if the music is a VBR ( variable bit rate file ) that issue occurred on my RHR and deleting the VBR music and replacing with a constant bit rate fixed it.

If this were an encoding problem, the music would skip in the same place every time the track is played.

All my MP3s are VBR and play flawlessly, but I have a 430N RHB.

craigdh57 06-11-2012 11:08 AM

Thanks guy's. Im taking the Jeep to the dealer today. I'll let you know what they come up with.