Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Tire Spacers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/tire-spacers-43094.html)

Switchback 06-07-2012 09:00 PM

Tire Spacers

So I was looking to give my ride a wider stance, possibly lifted when more money comes in. I had a couple questions, are spacers safe? and any brands to go with?

Thanks in advance.

mTBrunner83 06-07-2012 09:55 PM

Re: Tire Spacers

Spacers are safe as long as you install them properly and follow the torque settings. Also when you rotate your tires you should check the torque on the spacers. I recommend lug centric and hub centric spacers. I have the spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers and they are working out great.

05wkguy 06-08-2012 01:04 PM

Lots of guys running them without issue. Spidertrax seems to be the most popular however i purchased a set of off-brand from ebay. Most important aspect is the hubcentric feature (holds the spacer perfectly center on the wheel hub). I haven't had any issues but you must use some kind of thread locker on the bolts.

Switchback 06-08-2012 01:59 PM

Yea, I was gonna go with Loc-tite, thanks for the feedback guys.

antsjeep 06-08-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switchback (Post 640701)
Yea, I was gonna go with Loc-tite, thanks for the feedback guys.

get Blue Loctite and your all set! :thumbsup:

antsjeep 06-08-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 640682)
Lots of guys running them without issue. Spidertrax seems to be the most popular however i purchased a set of off-brand from ebay. Most important aspect is the hubcentric feature (holds the spacer perfectly center on the wheel hub). I haven't had any issues but you must use some kind of thread locker on the bolts.

I got mine from ebay as well... CJBargins is the guy you want.

Have mine for over a year now, love them! Just ALWAYS make sure you use a torque wrench when you re-install your wheels... 90ft/lbs.

05wkguy 06-09-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 640736)
I got mine from ebay as well... CJBargins is the guy you want.

Have mine for over a year now, love them! Just ALWAYS make sure you use a torque wrench when you re-install your wheels... 90ft/lbs.

Same place I got mine from. No complaints from me either.

general975 06-23-2012 06:31 PM

Do spacers cause more kick up of road grime/dirt/rocks/etc. onto the side of the jeep?

antsjeep 06-25-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by general975 (Post 647121)
Do spacers cause more kick up of road grime/dirt/rocks/etc. onto the side of the jeep?

not that i have noticed. Its more about the width tires you go with. I have 265's on now and hardly get anything "extra" on the sides kickin up.