Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Interior LEDs Standard?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/interior-leds-standard-43102.html)

Jmarcher 06-08-2012 05:15 AM

Interior LEDs Standard??

Hey guys, so I purchased my '12 Overland about a month ago, and I was just browsing through the "List of standard and included features" on the print-out the dealer gave me upon purchase, and unless I'm confused...it says it has interior LEDs.... which it doesn't. Anybody else see this? FYI, if you build the Overland on jeep's site now, you'll see the exact same thing. Weird.
_
Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element
Floor Carpet
Fog Lamps
Front and Rear Interior LED Lamps
Front Conventional Differential Axle
_

JTS97Z28 06-08-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Interior LEDs Standard??

Well it's kind of a weird setup because just the front map lights actually are LED. If you turn one on you will see the slightly whiter color compared to the standard bulb just rear of it on your overhead console. The rest of the bulbs are just normal and slightly tinted blue to give a whiter LED look. Not sure why they would do it like this vs doing the entire interior LED. Probably cost I would assume.
Why it says front and rear LED lights is beyond me though because you are right. Those are definately not LED bulbs illuminating the rear seats of the Jeep.

James

fljeepleo 06-08-2012 10:30 AM

I think they mean the lights in the door pockets and cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTS97Z28 06-08-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljeepleo (Post 640622)
I think they mean the lights in the door pockets and cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok well how do you explain "rear led lamps" then? There are no LED door pocket LED's in the back, and the overhead lights are obviously not LED either :-)

Jmarcher 06-08-2012 05:56 PM

Another funny thing I found in the list.

Front license plate mount

... Oh wait lots of us were told "they don't come with one" ! Nice.

BobsWK2 06-08-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmarcher (Post 640784)
Another funny thing I found in the list.

Front license plate mount

... Oh wait lots of us were told "they don't come with one" ! Nice.

If the vehicle has a final delivery in a state that requires a front license plate, then the vehicle comes with the bracket. If it's missing, then the dealer's PDI kid probably threw it out.

Jmarcher 06-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 640800)
If the vehicle has a final delivery in a state that requires a front license plate, then the vehicle comes with the bracket. If it's missing, then the dealer's PDI kid probably threw it out.

Ya, Illinois requires one, but my dealer didn't know anything about it :/ somebody somewhere probably threw it out. Haha

FAUEE 06-09-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 640649)
Ok well how do you explain "rear led lamps" then? There are no LED door pocket LED's in the back, and the overhead lights are obviously not LED either :-)

These are the lights in the liftgate I think, or the flashlight.