Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Counting cars (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/counting-cars-43138.html)

Smooth1 06-08-2012 08:08 PM

Counting cars

Anyone here ever track how many Grand Cherokees you see a day? I know that when you own a certian model you tend to notice them more, but here in central Florida, I generally count about 40 Grand Cherokees a day! That's alot! They are everywhere here!

padgett 06-08-2012 09:53 PM

Re: Counting cars

I see a lot more than Reattae.

SW03ES 06-08-2012 10:27 PM

There are a lot here too!

GCOverland 06-08-2012 10:29 PM

I can tell for sure that there aren't as many here in my area (just north of Tampa) - especially not WK2s.

fljeepleo 06-09-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCOverland (Post 640886)
I can tell for sure that there aren't as many here in my area (just north of Tampa) - especially not WK2s.

I'm just North of Tampa as well and I go weeks without seeing one. And I drive for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAUEE 06-09-2012 10:09 AM

I see tons. Lots of WJs and WKs here, and a few ZJs. A good number of WK2s as well. I think there are 2 others at work (a Limited 2wd and a Laredo x 4wd), and I've seen 2 WK2s in my apt. complex as well.

There were tons of higher end ones back home in South FL. Lots of loaded Limiteds and Overlands and Summits, but mostly 2wd.

Certainly seems to be selling great.

Smooth1 06-09-2012 11:59 AM

I'm not talking about just WK2's, I'm counting just Grand Cherokee's. I've had a record 15 Grand Cherokee's one my trip into work in the morning which is about 18 miles. And, until the Grand Cherokee, we always crowned Toyota with "the most cars in the first two rows at the intersection" in the past, but those included other models within the manufacturer. The record was 8. A mixture of Camery's, Corolla's, and trucks. The new record is still eight, but they were all Grand Cherokees! And if I applied the same liberal rule to Jeep, then the same record comparison would include 1 Liberty, and 1 Compass, 1 1980's looking "Scrambler?" (It looked like a pick up truck Jeep thing.) so the record is really 11 now! Most double lane intersections with double turn lanes means a possible 32 opprotunities, so 11 is a third!
I can't believe that this count is so unusually high just for central Florida. North of Tampa and the the Ocala area is a bit less populated maybe why. I swear I'm not making up these counts. I can hardly believe the counts myself. Which is why I started this thread. I'm anxious to see if other members start counting Grand Cherokees and what those numbers are. I tend to think in the south in general will have more Grand Cherokee's than the north maybe? Let's all start counting and see.....

AAAA 06-09-2012 12:28 PM

As far as WK'2 are concerned, I see at least 10 a day and I don't venture far from home. Sometimes I see them in pairs. Interestingly most have female drivers. Mostly Laredo's.

amill 06-09-2012 03:17 PM

I see a few every time I drive. I'd say 80% are Laredo's though.

penzly 06-09-2012 03:21 PM

I work at home and have no set schedule, but somehow I cannot leave my own neighborhood without crossing 3 other WK2s within 2 or 3 miles regardless of time. Makes me feel good about my taste, but also makes me wonder if I should have selected something else:)

Lingohocken 06-09-2012 03:24 PM

Never done a count, but they've gone from rare to fairly commonplace around here within the last year or less. Seems to be similar to the Enclave ramp up curve not long back, but faster.

Unscientific, perhaps, but there seem to be roughly as many WK2s on the road as Enclaves -- even though the latter has been around lots longer, and really competes with the new Durango that's rarely seen hereabouts.

nathantw 06-09-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth1 (Post 640825)
Anyone here ever track how many Grand Cherokees you see a day? I know that when you own a certian model you tend to notice them more, but here in central Florida, I generally count about 40 Grand Cherokees a day! That's alot! They are everywhere here!

In San Francisco I saw 5 within a 30 minute stretch. One was a taxi(!). I couldn't believe the taxi since gas is so expensive.