Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Asking for a few jeep things for Christmas... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/asking-for-a-few-jeep-things-for-christmas-4314.html)

05quadratrac 11-27-2009 12:13 AM

Asking for a few jeep things for Christmas...

Asking for a Magnaflow 18in muffler ( this will give me plenty of sound when I get on it right?) and the K&N intake that connects right to the throttle body so I can get rid of that plastic whatever they call it that messes with the airflow (does anyone know which model this is for the 4.7?). I figure those 2 mods will give me some sound but im not really expecting to feel any performance gains. After Christmas im thinking about a superchip but i've heard mixed reports as far as power gains so im not 100% yet. If not i'll probably just do exterior mods like late model painted laredo trim for the doors and some SRT8 repo's down the line. I'd like to get some power gains but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many mods for the 4.7 other than tearing the engine apart.

robpp 11-27-2009 12:25 AM

Re: Asking for a few jeep things for Christmas...

i have the k&N as you talk about, a magnaflow catback, a Fastman TB, and the SuperChips. I can tell you each mod added something to the performance.

the K&N is 63-xxxx just go to their site and get the rest of the number. the 77-xxxx is a metal tube, you dont want tha,t

Scottina06 11-27-2009 12:29 AM

sounds like a good plan

pjs1965 11-27-2009 09:08 AM

I use Amazon's Universal Wishlist so my wife can buy some REAL presents this year. Here it is --> SRT8 Wishlist.

You should try the same :D

05quadratrac 11-27-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 106821)
I use Amazon's Universal Wishlist so my wife can buy some REAL presents this year. Here it is --> SRT8 Wishlist.

You should try the same :D

haha nice wishlist. I wish Santa was nice enough to get me an SRT8 so I could ask for the same.

Hemi_Jeep05WK 11-27-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05quadratrac (Post 106855)
haha nice wishlist. I wish Santa was nice enough to get me an SRT8 so I could ask for the same.

im pretty sure if that santa guy was hauling around cars in his sleigh he woulda been hijacked already :) nothing like boosting cars in the sky lol

TatterTot 11-27-2009 01:29 PM

You sure you don't want a get out of jail card after you ask the girl to take a pic of her with the two jeeps?

05quadratrac 11-27-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi_Jeep05WK (Post 106931)
im pretty sure if that santa guy was hauling around cars in his sleigh he woulda been hijacked already :) nothing like boosting cars in the sky lol

LOL yeah especially in my area, damn project kids they stole everything from my bikes to wheels and ornaments from the 67' stang to my laundry that was hung out to dry. :D

05quadratrac 11-27-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatterTot (Post 106950)
You sure you don't want a get out of jail card after you ask the girl to take a pic of her with the two jeeps?

haha that can end good or bad. Of course its probably going to end bad and im sure i'll end up with a black eye, in that case you guys will get a pic of me in a speedo with a black eye on my Jeep.

Scottina06 11-27-2009 05:32 PM

ask Santa for a Bwoody for the 4.7....maybe the elves can get them bent up and shipped out.....LOL

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-27-2009 05:33 PM

LMAO!!! and make sure it can be used for a 3.7

HEMIBeast 11-27-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatterTot (Post 106950)

LMFAO :lol::lol::lol::lol: