Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   spidertrax 1.5 "or rough country 2" suspension (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/spidertrax-1-5-or-rough-country-2-suspension-43152.html)

ochoa1801 06-09-2012 10:23 AM

spidertrax 1.5 "or rough country 2" suspension

hello all

I installed wheels jeep sahara 18 " whit tires 255 70 18 in my GC 2007 standard.

But I have two problems:

The first is the tires is very very close to the bolt, two possible solutions a lift kit 2 "rough country 1.5 spacer or spidertra what do you think would be the best solution?

second, how I know if wheels have the TPS installed?

thanks you

mTBrunner83 06-09-2012 02:25 PM

Re: spidertrax 1.5 "or rough country 2" suspension

A lift kit will not provide you anymore space from that bolt. You would need spacers to give yourself more space. Some people have shaved a portion of the bolt off to allow additional clearance. I run the spidertrax wheel spacers and I like them. The easiest option would be to just cut the bolt a little bit, but if you are not rubbing on the bolt then you shouldn't have any issues.
I am not sure if it is TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) you are refering to for the tire pressure or not. The only TPS I know of is the Throttle Position Sensor which is not in your wheels.
If your WK's computer is detecting your tire pressure then you have TPMS. You can tell visually by noticing if the valve is metal. If it is then it is TPMS. If you had a shop install your wheels they likely moved the TPMS over to the new wheels as most shops will not install regular valve stems on vehicles that came factory with TPMS. I am not certain but I believe all 07 and up jeeps have TPMS it might actually be as earlier as 05 that there were regulations made on all new vehicles. Maybe someone could confirm my information?

TJcust 06-09-2012 03:58 PM

^^ what he said.

05wkguy 06-09-2012 05:20 PM

Yes, all 2005 and newer Jeep GC's have TPMS.

ochoa1801 06-09-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mTBrunner83 (Post 641109)
A lift kit will not provide you anymore space from that bolt. You would need spacers to give yourself more space. Some people have shaved a portion of the bolt off to allow additional clearance. I run the spidertrax wheel spacers and I like them. The easiest option would be to just cut the bolt a little bit, but if you are not rubbing on the bolt then you shouldn't have any issues.
I am not sure if it is TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) you are refering to for the tire pressure or not. The only TPS I know of is the Throttle Position Sensor which is not in your wheels.
If your WK's computer is detecting your tire pressure then you have TPMS. You can tell visually by noticing if the valve is metal. If it is then it is TPMS. If you had a shop install your wheels they likely moved the TPMS over to the new wheels as most shops will not install regular valve stems on vehicles that came factory with TPMS. I am not certain but I believe all 07 and up jeeps have TPMS it might actually be as earlier as 05 that there were regulations made on all new vehicles. Maybe someone could confirm my information?

Yes you are right TPMS. I'm sorry, and don't have because it's not gavel metal. Thank you for you help. Do you think Spidertrax 1.5" if enough?

Blue Thunder 06-09-2012 09:45 PM

I know my jeep has TPMS and i have rubber valves installed, so you might have them anyways.

mTBrunner83 06-10-2012 01:41 AM

The actual stem is rubber? The TPMS that came with the 07 comes with metal stems that you can shear off if not careful. I have done it just taking the cap off. 180 bucks for the original tpms. I got an aftermarket one (for $60) that may be rubber now that I think about it. shoddy craftsmanship from Chrysler I suspect...

ochoa1801 06-10-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mTBrunner83 (Post 641306)
The actual stem is rubber? The TPMS that came with the 07 comes with metal stems that you can shear off if not careful. I have done it just taking the cap off. 180 bucks for the original tpms. I got an aftermarket one (for $60) that may be rubber now that I think about it. shoddy craftsmanship from Chrysler I suspect...

Not rubber. But it is too closed bolt.

If the wheels no have TPMS the light is on or off

mTBrunner83 06-10-2012 01:18 PM

If the light comes on and flashes for about 30 seconds every 10 minutes when you exceed 50 mph on average. It is detecting a TPMS that has not been configured. If the light stays on it is not detecting any TPMS (I believe).

ochoa1801 06-13-2012 11:41 AM

The wheels sahara jeep don't have TPMS. I installed the my old wheels. I don't know how publish the picture someone can help me.

antsjeep 06-13-2012 04:04 PM

Just have your TPMS swapped over to the new rims and forget about it. Sucks because it will cost you about $100 all said and done. Then just sell the (JK) TPMS from the Sahara rims on either craigslist or on a JK forum. Those guys are always looking for stock TPMS.