Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Updated photos (more blacking out) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/updated-photos-more-blacking-out-43161.html)

Slckevin 06-09-2012 05:40 PM

Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Here are some updated photos of my JGC. Tails are tinted, badges removed, 'dipped rims and grill. I think it really is coming together.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7243/7...96d0cec2_c.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7221/7...00af7f26_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8157/7...1c564cf3_c.jpg

But now the question is, should I paint the brake calipers red? Not sure if it would look corny. And yes I plan on getting the mirrors, door handles, window trim, and roof rack done here soon as well. Also I need to get some better pictures some place but way too windy today to try. Maybe next week if I get done with the clay bar and wax

JTS97Z28 06-11-2012 10:27 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
You know what I think it looks pretty damn good as is. Infact I'm really surprised at how good it looks with the chrome door handles, mirrors, and window trim. I personally think it would be almost too blacked out if you do everything. As for the red calipers my vote goes to leaving them as is. Red calipers work on the SRT models and sports cars, but not the luxury version.

Chaoul1 06-11-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Leave the calipers alone. Looks really clean.

Megatron 06-11-2012 11:43 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Nice!

jchochla 06-12-2012 01:49 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
One of he cleanest Overlands on the forum!

Gville2012 06-13-2012 07:05 AM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Looks awesome... any other pics?

Slckevin 06-13-2012 03:57 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 642063)
You know what I think it looks pretty damn good as is. Infact I'm really surprised at how good it looks with the chrome door handles, mirrors, and window trim. I personally think it would be almost too blacked out if you do everything. As for the red calipers my vote goes to leaving them as is. Red calipers work on the SRT models and sports cars, but not the luxury version.

Thanks! I think for now I will leave it as is as you are right the more I look at it the more I really like it. No red calipers it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 642076)
Leave the calipers alone. Looks really clean.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron (Post 642086)
Nice!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchochla (Post 642295)
One of he cleanest Overlands on the forum!

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gville2012 (Post 642680)
Looks awesome... any other pics?

Thank you! Yeah I will get more this weekend, hopefully with an actaul camera not a phone and with less sun!

trent88 06-13-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
looking good... what process did you have done to your tails/ how dark? i like it.. looks perfect, not to dark not to light lol

Slckevin 06-14-2012 01:36 AM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trent88 (Post 642982)
looking good... what process did you have done to your tails/ how dark? i like it.. looks perfect, not to dark not to light lol

They are lamin-x "gun smoked". I did them myself with no prior knowledge on how to do it, it was a lot harder than I thought going in. If I had to do it again I would have either someone professionally put it on or have them painted. But at the time I was trying for a less than permanent solution to make sure I liked it prior (hence the plati-dip). I am hoping that I can get into a '12+ Jeep SRT within the next 1 or 2 years so I dont want to alienate any parties interested in buying it.

trent88 06-14-2012 08:48 AM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
thanks for the info man. i think i might go that route as well. yours look like they turned out great for doing it your self. i have experience putting vinyl for many years so think this could be a good DIY for me to tackle. so since this is removable you didnt have to do any prep work to the tails right? other then just cleaning them good. i watched the video on lamin-x web site but didnt say anything about prep.

Vivid 06-15-2012 10:19 AM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Looks good. Tint the front windows and the red light covers on the rear bumper. I'm getting the black out bug with my new overland.

Slckevin 06-15-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Updated photos (more blacking out)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trent88 (Post 643131)
thanks for the info man. i think i might go that route as well. yours look like they turned out great for doing it your self. i have experience putting vinyl for many years so think this could be a good DIY for me to tackle. so since this is removable you didnt have to do any prep work to the tails right? other then just cleaning them good. i watched the video on lamin-x web site but didnt say anything about prep.

Pretty much that is is, you just clean really well and use a tiny amount of water, heat, willpower to cover come stopping mid way as you did not realize how many curves there were on the tail lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivid (Post 643622)
Looks good. Tint the front windows and the red light covers on the rear bumper. I'm getting the black out bug with my new overland.

Sadly the front windows are tinted, but they are within the legal limit here in UT. Will get them redone next year after my inspection to match the rear windows. The rear reflectors will be getting the same treatment soon. Post some pics up of your progress, I know here I get a lot of compliments on the clean look of the Jeep.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community