Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Mopar Oil Filter (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/mopar-oil-filter-43184.html)

Pillbucket 06-10-2012 07:21 AM

Mopar Oil Filter

Who makes them? Are they a good choice for my GC? If not what would you guys recommend?

jwernatl 06-10-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Mopar Oil Filter

I dont know about that but I do know -- dont use a MOBIL 1 filter! The last one I pulled off my Cobra the oil was not circulating through it. I had one about two years ago do the same on my wifes '01 Cherokee, back then I thought "ahh it's a fluke". I threw that one away. I still have the one off my COBRA- The thing is, now, my oil pressure kinda flucuates. It's a shame too.

hoffmanestates 06-10-2012 07:57 AM

I bet wix. wix makes a lot of oe filters...I purchased mopar filter at oreillys for $5 out the door for my wj..I only run 3 types. #1 OEM #2 wix #3 amsoil

Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

FAUEE 06-11-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwernatl (Post 641353)
I dont know about that but I do know -- dont use a MOBIL 1 filter! The last one I pulled off my Cobra the oil was not circulating through it. I had one about two years ago do the same on my wifes '01 Cherokee, back then I thought "ahh it's a fluke". I threw that one away. I still have the one off my COBRA- The thing is, now, my oil pressure kinda flucuates. It's a shame too.

Mobil 1 filters are the same as the K&N Filters. A lot of people seem to like them though.

kevster 07-07-2012 08:46 PM

Mopar only, if anything goes wrong and you are under warranty, I would want to have the Mopar oil filter on.. I trust the Mopar. although I use to use the Fram TG TOUGH GUARD filters and they seemed to work well. Again Mopar for me.

bcm0018 07-10-2012 12:49 PM

Mopar filters are good. I'm lazy and the motorcraft filter for my mustang is the same as my jeep so I just use that cause they sell em at walmart pretty cheap

Duff Daddy 07-10-2012 07:44 PM

I have used a mopar filter on my Ford F350 7.3, Both my Hemi's and My Mustang....

armoredsaint 07-11-2012 07:37 AM

any comparisons on bobistheoilguy or anyone cutting it in half?

Xjrguy 07-11-2012 12:57 PM

I use the Bosch Distance Plus filter. It's pricey, but the build quality and filtering is top notch.

hububub46 07-12-2012 05:48 PM

I did a lot of research and I have found amsoil synthetic and their EA oil filters to be superior to anything else I have found, read about, or experienced. I am NOT a dealer! I just like the over engineered menatlity of the people at amsoil. I have my oil tested and using that combination at the required limits my oil is still fully capable of running longer. I tried the same with Fram and Castrol, which I LOVED... it was not pretty. At the required change interval the oil was spent. Just 2 cents worth, if you are gonna keep it, protect it with the finest.

nek121328 07-13-2012 06:09 AM

Wonder who's manufacturing the Amsoil filter?

ColdCase 07-13-2012 09:10 AM

My extensive research has shown Amsoil is way overrated, lots of markup on basically inferior oil. The do make some decent gear and fork oils.