Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Uconnect - How to turn off ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-how-to-turn-off-43226.html)

padgett 06-11-2012 08:56 AM

Uconnect - How to turn off ?

I have just been through the Uconnect manual and searched the forum but cannot find out how to turn the Uconnect off.

I am having difficulty pairing another device and need to find out if the problem is interference with the Uconnect and to do that I must turn it off.

Does anyone know how ? (pulling a fuse is fine).

Go Gators 06-11-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Uconnect - How to turn off ?

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.

padgett 06-11-2012 07:40 PM

Only thing I found was to pull fuse M12 (see page 610 in OM the 5th). Good luck reading the diagram on the TIPM under the hood though, I had to take a picture and reverse the colors (negative) to read it.

Andrew Klossner 06-11-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 641791)
I am having difficulty pairing another device and need to find out if the problem is interference with the Uconnect and to do that I must turn it off.

Huh? The U-Connect is the component in the car to which you pair a device.

padgett 06-11-2012 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a Bluetooth OBD-II reader that needs to pair with the tablet or PC doing the display. Only one that has trouble is my new Galaxy tab 2 7.0. Since the Unconnect pairs with my telephone (also using bluetooth) I needed to see if that was affecting the OBD-II pair hence the need to turn off the Uconnect with the ignition on. Apparently there is no way other than pulling the fuse. (CC said "go to dealer". Right).

This led to which fuse (M12) which led to "well which one is it" which led to the illegible (at least for me) diagram on the TIPM (fuse box) cover.

Exerpt below (reversed digital photo):

Go Gators 06-12-2012 01:47 PM

The main part of Uconnect that I wanted to turn off was the text messaging response every time I receive a text message. Very annoying!

Tybalt39 06-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Gators (Post 642293)
The main part of Uconnect that I wanted to turn off was the text messaging response every time I receive a text message. Very annoying!

You, sir, must have the 430 with the SMS update. Lucky... :p

Go Gators 06-12-2012 01:58 PM

Not sure about the update. Just bought it new about a month ago. Anyway to disable it?

Tybalt39 06-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Gators (Post 642300)
Not sure about the update. Just bought it new about a month ago. Anyway to disable it?

You should be able to select just the MAP (message access profile) in your bluetooth profiles in the phone and exclude it from connecting to the U-connect.

Go Gators 06-17-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 642394)
You should be able to select just the MAP (message access profile) in your bluetooth profiles in the phone and exclude it from connecting to the U-connect.

Thanks!

xsdbs 07-01-2012 07:10 PM

Just saw this thread,
You can press the uconnect button and say "SMS incoming announcement". She'll tell you that it is on, would you like to turn it off? (you'll say "yes")
Hope htis helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Gators (Post 642293)

Go Gators 07-03-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 650490)
Just saw this thread,
You can press the uconnect button and say "SMS incoming announcement". She'll tell you that it is on, would you like to turn it off? (you'll say "yes")
Hope htis helps

Thank you!