Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Too much bass (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/too-much-bass-43408.html)

runamuck21 06-16-2012 07:25 AM

Too much bass

I installed the jl stealth box with a JL v2-500 amp kept the stock alpine speakers and now the bass is just too overwhelming. Wanted a little more but this is too much. Yes the amp is turned down all the way. Anything I can do to hear the words again? Replace the speakers which I would like to keep or should I get a eq with a sub designated output? Please help

shaft412412 06-16-2012 08:10 AM

Re: Too much bass

just curious, where did you install the amp at? i'm thinking of adding an amp eventually

runamuck21 06-16-2012 08:12 AM

Under the rear passenger seat a little fab and cutting involved

phox 06-16-2012 08:13 AM

well how do you have your radio eq'd?

if you added an amp and sub, you need to turn your bass down on your radio eq, that should help a LOT if you haven't done it yet.

runamuck21 06-16-2012 08:37 AM

Have it set like that now

runamuck21 06-17-2012 05:42 PM

So I guess I win genius of the year; the amp had a signal input switch and now it's perfect. I recommend the stealth box for that missing factor in our systems

MoparBob 06-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamuck21 (Post 644378)
So I guess I win genius of the year; the amp had a signal input switch and now it's perfect. I recommend the stealth box for that missing factor in our systems

Thanks for updating us on that. I plan on installing a JL Audio Stealthbox in mine.

mzimand 06-19-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamuck21 (Post 644378)

Would you say the stock speakers now that they are getting more power from the stock amp?

How hard was the installation? How long did it take?

runamuck21 06-19-2012 04:22 PM

Install took two hours by my boy long part was the fab under the rear seat. The system to me before was great just missing that deep hit. It Really is night and day and truly completes the stock system. I have yet to have the volume over 28, hurts my ears.

Djv1389 07-13-2012 11:33 PM

Sounds just like what I want to do.if you don't mind how much total and how much more besides the sub and amp did you install.i have a m&k home speaker system with the thx350 sub it is tight no boom is this how the Jl ended up sounding with the punch no boomy sound.i thank you for your time

jeepster23 07-14-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 645070)
Would you say the stock speakers now that they are getting more power from the stock amp?

How hard was the installation? How long did it take?

The stock sub was on a seperate channel and therefore has no bearing on the amount of power supplied to the other stock speakers. Therefore there should be no difference in speaker sound before or after the new sub.

cfleming2226 02-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runamuck21 (Post 645290)
Install took two hours by my boy long part was the fab under the rear seat. The system to me before was great just missing that deep hit. It Really is night and day and truly completes the stock system. I have yet to have the volume over 28, hurts my ears.

What changes did you make under the rear seat? I was looking to mount my amp there this weekend as well, just wanted some incite as to what was going to be needed. Also where did you ground the amp?