Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Confused about the Laredo E package. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/confused-about-the-laredo-e-package-43517.html)

heardme 06-18-2012 11:04 AM

Confused about the Laredo E package.

Everything I've read and have been told by sales leads me to believe that the JGC Laredo (base, no options) comes equipped Standard w/ roof rails, keyless-enter-and-go, and power driver's seat.

However, I check on the website, and all of that stuff comes with the Laredo E package, which "adds" those features, plus bluetooth and satellite radio.

Can anyone provide some clarity for me on this? I would appreciate it very much.

eibyer 06-18-2012 11:10 AM

Re: Confused about the Laredo E package.

I don't think I've seen a base one. E seems to be the new base. Not all comes with the bluetooth though.

heardme 06-18-2012 11:29 AM

Ah, so they all come with Laredo E optioned in from the factory? Just have to add bluetooth?

I see, thank you!

dfores1 06-18-2012 11:33 AM

Just bought a 2012 Laredo w/ E group package after doing research. From what I understand,
there is a 'base' Laredo (sometimes referred to as Laredo E so it is confusing). This model DOES NOT include the Keyless enter and go, power driver seat, chrome roof rails, and bluetooth.
However, if you elect for the 'E Group' package ($2000 MSRP), you get Keyless enter and go, power driver seat, chrome roof rails, Sirius. At the time of my purchase, bluetooth was a separate package.

E.T.A. So, as of May 2012, there were quite a few 2012 WK2s on the lots in my area that did not include Keyless enter and go, power driver seat, chrome roof rails, and bluetooth.

heardme 06-18-2012 11:43 AM

After talking to another salesman to clarify, I think the other salesmen just didn't know what they were talking about.

Thanks for the clarification.

Something I forgot to ask was whether or not the push button start was something that comes w/ keyless enter and go. I assume it is, just wanted to clarify.

I'm buying this car as a daily, and I'm having a hard time justifying the Laredo E package.

$2,000 for power seats on a seat that I will almost never adjust, chrome roof rails, and keyless enter and go?

I am getting bluetooth for sure. Sigh.

jgc4ever 06-18-2012 11:56 AM

There are Laredos WITHOUT the E package. You need the E package as an included option to get those options that come with only the E package (which is one step above the base model).

eibyer 06-18-2012 11:57 AM

dfores1 is right, I just looked at a window sticker of a base from a nearby dealer.

jgc4ever 06-18-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heardme (Post 644699)
After talking to another salesman to clarify, I think the other salesmen just didn't know what they were talking about.

Thanks for the clarification.

Something I forgot to ask was whether or not the push button start was something that comes w/ keyless enter and go. I assume it is, just wanted to clarify.

I'm buying this car as a daily, and I'm having a hard time justifying the Laredo E package.

$2,000 for power seats on a seat that I will almost never adjust, chrome roof rails, and keyless enter and go?

I am getting bluetooth for sure. Sigh.

Invoice for the E package is only $1,000 so that is all you should pay for it max.

heardme 06-18-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 644706)
Invoice for the E package is only $1,000 so that is all you should pay for it max.

Any idea how much invoice is for the Nav/20inch wheel pkg?

If I'm going with the E, and the invoice on it is only $1000, might as well?

penzly 06-18-2012 01:58 PM

I have the base with bluetooth and sirius. It did not include the roof rails nor the power seats. I too had a hard time with the option upcharge for those relatively unused features. So it is a possible configuration.

JRNYC 06-18-2012 01:59 PM

From the website after choosing base laredo

YOUR SELECTION REQUIRES CHANGES

You have selected 20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Polished Wheels, which requires the addition of Laredo 20-Inch Wheel and Navigation Group.

Laredo 20-Inch Wheel and Navigation Group includes:
  • 20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Polished Wheels
  • 265/50R20 Black Side Wall All Season Tires
  • Media Center 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
  • 40 GB Hard Drive with 28 GB Available
  • 6.5-Inch Touch-Screen Display
  • GarminŽ Navigation System
  • SiriusXM Travel Link™/1Yr Travel Link Subscription
You have selected 20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Polished Wheels, which requires the removal of Media Center 130 CD/MP3 and P245/70R17 BSW On/Off-Road Tires.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oddly enough the website also will not let you de-select the E package which is 2000 and comes with

Option Details
  • Bright Side Roof Rails
  • Keyless Enter-N-Go™
  • Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
  • Power 8-Way Driver / Manual Passenger Seat
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription

RageOfFury 06-18-2012 03:20 PM

Seems like you guys in the US have a plain vanilla Laredo as the base model. Here in Canada, Laredo E is the base model, there isn't anything lower than that.